Bills wise to stay out of Kolb talk

I think Arizona might be interested in Kolb too.

I think the earlier posts were right on the money about a short camp and too little time to gel with the receivers. A Kolb presence may invite a QB controversy. I like Fitz.

Arizona will trade for McNabb before the season begins and groom the two guys they drafted last year (and thrown to the wolves).

The other team that might be interested in Kolb is Miami.

By my accounts I see oak, sea, ari, and wash as having a def qb need. Then cle, mia, and det (as well as buffalo) possibly needing a qb of the future. With kolb and mcnabb filling 2 of those slots it is looking better and better for the bills to have a shot at a qb early next year. 5 teams and landry jones, matt barkley, and of course luck slotted as first rounders as well as darron thomas and possibly kellen moore I am very hopeful the qb of the future will be drafted early next year.

So in short the hype for kolb helps the bills but please just bc rob johnnson burned the bills years ago doesn't mean every qb that is up for trade will be a bust... steve young and brett favre also were traded as well as more recently matt schaub and turned out good to all time great.

How can you be so certain that Fitz can't be that guy? In 13 games Fitz put up the second most TD's, 23, in the last TWENTY YEARS!!!! Bledsoe barely beat him in 2002 with 24 and Kelly put up 33 in 1991. Think about that. I mean really. Think about that! I think it puts Fitz into perspective historically.

I know a lot of Bills fans have the "savior" mentality and are desperately searching for the next Peyton Manning but we need to be realistic. They advocate rolling the dice every couple years on a QB until we hit the lottery and find the next Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Drew Brees. Fitz did a great job last year and in theory will be even better this year. Personally I like to use my highest draft picks on positions of need without reaching. Since any team, especially ours, has multiple needs you should always be able to find a great prospect to fill it with your first round pick. Yes ANY position can be upgraded but QB is not a position of need!

How can you be so certain that Fitz can't be that guy? In 13 games Fitz put up the second most TD's, 23, in the last TWENTY YEARS!!!! Bledsoe barely beat him in 2002 with 24 and Kelly put up 33 in 1991. Think about that. I mean really. Think about that! I think it puts Fitz into perspective historically.

Another thing to remember is Fitz did it in 13 games while Bledsoe did it in 16. And Fitz wasn't getting the majority of snaps in training camp.

Another thing to remember is Fitz did it in 13 games while Bledsoe did it in 16. And Fitz wasn't getting the majority of snaps in training camp.

That's why I said it. LOL. No doubt. I understand a little bit that people can't get their heads around the idea that our "savior" could actually be somebodies cast off. I think the Saints are pretty OK with Drew Brees. I'm not saying Fitz is Drew Brees before anyone gets in a tizzy about it. I hate when people use the Tom Brady late round draft pick hall of fame QB exception as the rule for not using high draft picks to get franchise QBs but like that situation it's just an example.

Maybe if we stop looking at Fitz as a stop gap measure and take the emotional risk of actually giving him our support in good games and in bad we could have what we have all been looking for for some time.

That's why I said it. LOL. No doubt. I understand a little bit that people can't get their heads around the idea that our "savior" could actually be somebodies cast off. I think the Saints are pretty OK with Drew Brees. I'm not saying Fitz is Drew Brees before anyone gets in a tizzy about it. I hate when people use the Tom Brady late round draft pick hall of fame QB exception as the rule for not using high draft picks to get franchise QBs but like that situation it's just an example.

Maybe if we stop looking at Fitz as a stop gap measure and take the emotional risk of actually giving him our support in good games and in bad we could have what we have all been looking for for some time.

Doh!