Question about TC

Would we normally already be at training camp right now? Also is there a site keeping up with the player work outs... Like who is looking good and who isn't? Kinda like we had last year.

Preseason is only little over a month away. I am starting to get worried as I get back into football mode and no news happening... nothing.

hey dude, I believe camps usually start at the end of July, so we are still weeks away from cutting into the normal schedule. If they can get something done soon, no time will be lost. If it starts to cut into camp, Im betting that they will cut preseason (which is what I believe the players are truly after at this point).

hey dude, I believe camps usually start at the end of July, so we are still weeks away from cutting into the normal schedule. If they can get something done soon, no time will be lost. If it starts to cut into camp, Im betting that they will cut preseason (which is what I believe the players are truly after at this point).

Thanks man. I was just reading this on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8208dddb/article/nfl-owners-players-burn-midnight-oil-in-thursday-labor-talks?module=HP_headlines

It kinda answered my question... Every year I seem kinda surprised on how short the TCs are. I guess I was thinking they would have already started. The video in that article says they think July 15th everything will be settled... I hope so I don't want preseason to be cut.

As frustratign as this whole ordeal has been, I just don't believe for a second that they will drag this out beyond the start of camp.

Would we normally already be at training camp right now? Also is there a site keeping up with the player work outs... Like who is looking good and who isn't? Kinda like we had last year.

Preseason is only little over a month away. I am starting to get worried as I get back into football mode and no news happening... nothing.

I thought your question was about TC = Todd Collins and bringing him back to Buffalo to be a backup to Fitz.. :lol:

I agree. There's too much money to be lost........

Yes but the players don't get paid until the regular season starts. It wouldn't be a stretch to say the players wouldn't mind missing preseason games.

Yes but the players don't get paid until the regular season starts. It wouldn't be a stretch to say the players wouldn't mind missing preseason games.

Except that I'd read that the NFL grosses revenues of around $800 million for the preseason… the reason preseason games exist it for the NFL to make more money.

I've read that if preseason games are missed, that the players will receive less money in 2011.

So I agree that the players are probably all happy that the minicamps and OTAs will not be a part of this offseason but I doubt that they'd be happy to play fewer preseason games for less money earned.

Except that I'd read that the NFL grosses revenues of around $800 million for the preseason… the reason preseason games exist it for the NFL to make more money.

I've read that if preseason games are missed, that the players will receive less money in 2011.

So I agree that the players are probably all happy that the minicamps and OTAs will not be a part of this offseason but I doubt that they'd be happy to play fewer preseason games for less money earned.

Correct.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/03/lost-preseason-hurts-players-financially-to/

Im betting that they will cut preseason (which is what I believe the players are truly after at this point).

I would not be surprised if that was part of consideration of entire strike. I could hear the pitch: "You hate training camp and by the time it is settled it is likely most of training camp and maybe even some preseason games will be canceled but we will make sure they pay you for all games which is all that really matters, right?"