Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Huffington Post

CBS News

Fox (Duh)

Interesting article about Drudge.

Love this bit from the article:

Today, a Capitol Fax commenter, discussing the "flash mobs," noticed that Drudge has a headline reading "CHICAGOLAND: Police warn of teen girls committing strong arm robberies...".

Flash mobs of teen girl strong arm robbers? Yow! But it's actually a minor WLS story from the Sun-Times wire about two less-than-fearsome-sounding Hispanic teens: "One is between 4-foot-8 to 5-foot-2 and between 100 to 115 pounds. The other is between 5-foot-3 to 5-foot-6 and 115 to 150 pounds." They allegedly stole a gold necklace from one 15-year-old, and "a gold chain and a gold heart ring" from another 15-year-old.

I'm not sure you could find a more insignificant story in Chicago today: a couple of teens stole some jewelry from a couple of other teens. Which is not to say the jewelry isn't priceless to the victims, but come on. Yet it's on one of the most trafficked news sites in the world.

Edited by Booster4324

Huffington Post

CBS News

Fox (Duh)

Interesting article about Drudge.

Love this bit from the article:

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that current epidemic of inner city youth mobs beating the crap out of people and looting stores are now considered such acceptable and common practices that henceforth they have been brought into the protected "you're a damn racist if you report on this stuff" class.

This internet was such a cool thing for liberals. Unfortunately for them, it's become completely lame since they've come to the realization it caused the complete demise of their ultra liberal MSM monopoly. The ugly lies about their transformative social justice utopia have been exposed and it just keeps getting uglier and uglier out there.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that current epidemic of inner city youth mobs beating the crap out of people and looting stores are now considered such acceptable and common practices that henceforth they have been brought into the protected "you're a damn racist if you report on this stuff" class.

This internet was such a cool thing for liberals. Unfortunately for them, it's become completely lame since they've come to the realization it caused the complete demise of their ultra liberal MSM monopoly. The ugly lies about their transformative social justice utopia have been exposed and it just keeps getting uglier and uglier out there.

Way to address you claimed big media was not reporting on it. Personally, I think they need to look at how the groups are forming and prosecute the **** out of them by tracking down the people involved. From what I have read this is being set up on Twitter and such. Track down those accounts and round them up.

Until some racist white guy caps a couple of them.

I can't believe Im actually agreeing with a college professor for once.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/should-parenrts-pay-for-flash-mobs%3F

An expert in preventing youth violence, Drexel Professor Dr. Charles Williams, says flash mobs will stop when parents step up.

"It doesn't take much but it's a parent’s responsibility to make sure their kids are supervised . Structure their day activities to do over the summer if not they're going to act a fool and that's your fault."

Williams is getting no argument from law enforcement in the city, suburbs or anywhere else.

In fact, tougher consequences for parents of unruly kids are being considered, like, possibly a fine and mandatory parenting classes.

At the very least, authorities would like to haul parents in and embarrass them in front of the entire community.

How's this for an idea-If your kid is involved in such mob violence/robberies you become ineligible for a subsidized EBT card/Section 8 etc. I'd also like to see facebook/myspace/twitter cooperating with the police and permanently IP banning anyone who participates in a crime that was hatched on their site.

In all these reports I notice not much in Texas. Could it be that a lot of people are packing? Yes, guns are bad lol. I bet one of these mobs regulated with a auto weapon would halt it in a big hurry. Easy to be tough with numbers. Not so easy when there is risk involved. Any who, just one more reason not to venture into a big city. I'll take my small town any day.

Charles Bronson right?

If someone pulled a gun and killed some of these youths he would be crucified by the media.

A dozen kids begin to attack you and you open fire. Crucify him for what? Defending himself?

Edited by LABillzFan

• 1 month later...

Another event ruined by urban flash mobs.

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-first-fridays-mark-holmberg-art-walk-september-cancel,0,2498802.story

Richmond's First Fridays Art Walk has been officially cancelled for September - a date that fell on Labor Day - amidst concerns about large crowds of roving teens, a few fights and several arrests.

But many galleries in the Downtown Art District will be open, along with restaurants and other businesses.

About 40 people from Richmond's art and business community, along with police and city officials, met Friday afternoon, narrowly deciding to pull the plug on the Labor Day First Friday Art Walk after last Friday's fights and arrests, including one young adult caught with a firearm.

How's this for an idea-If your kid is involved in such mob violence/robberies you become ineligible for a subsidized EBT card/Section 8 etc. I'd also like to see facebook/myspace/twitter cooperating with the police and permanently IP banning anyone who participates in a crime that was hatched on their site.

When, oh when, will they ever learn that these tactics will never work? File this under the "tax email, tax the internet" and all the rest of the "lasts 3 days, never to be heard from again" campaigns from politicians.

There are already websites telling you exactly how to negate this, you don't even need me. All it takes is a single email get around and your "permanent ip ban" plan is FAIL. Wrong tactics for the technologies involved. Stop thinking like this is the 80s and you are Ma Bell. This is the kind of thinking that pushes funding into the undernet, China, and other things, and that is a whole lot worse scenario. This is also the kind of thinking that lets Google get away with murder. I'm honestly not sure which is worse at this point.

Never forget that these tools provide extremely useful information. Knowledge is free, or it's supposed to be. That means everybody, everybody....get it?. The very last thing we want is to restrict use, drive it to places we can't see, or drive it to a single, irresponsible company. We want the exact opposite...why in the hell would we want to give away a massive source of raw data that can very easily be turned into intelligence and get nothing in return, other than a Hallmark moment story about busting over 9,000 people that is actually BS? Think. First. What kind of users are we talking about here? What do they know? How likely are they to avail themselves of alternatives unless you are pushing them in that direction?

Unintended consequences...galore. Wrong tactics. Old, irrelevant thinking. Just stop it already. Let the people who know the right tactics do their jobs.

Edited by OCinBuffalo