What a DumbAzz That George Bush Was/Is

You know this is the kind of story that would be top of the headlines if Bush did it. You know that we'd have a brand new Molson Golden thread as well. <_<

But here's the difference between us and them:

1. we are grown ups, so these kinds of mistakes aren't that appealing

2. we don't care if somebody misspeaks....we do care if they miss-do

3. we aren't hateful pricks who want to pile on a guy when he's down...because....

4. we put the current effectiveness of the country ahead of all, because we aren't on a never ending quest to gain more power over people's lives and therefore don't see every little thing as a tool to gain that power.

You know this is the kind of story that would be top of the headlines if Bush did it. You know that we'd have a brand new Molson Golden thread as well. <_<

3. we aren't hateful pricks who want to pile on a guy when he's down...because....

4. we put the current effectiveness of the country ahead of all, because we aren't on a never ending quest to gain more power over people's lives and therefore don't see every little thing as a tool to gain that power.

Only you did idiot.

What? Did I start this thread, idiot? What is the title of this thread?

Oh, so 2 people did.

Do you want to have another vote Booster? :lol:

God, you are not too bright. One of yours started a thread about it. You are saying that there would be a thread by a hack by Molson. And there is. And your moronic ass chimed in.

I generally consider myself to be one of us, more or less, but I can't claim #3. What can I say, I'm human.

God, you are not too bright. One of yours started a thread about it. You are saying that there would be a thread by a hack by Molson. And there is. And your moronic ass chimed in.

Except that they're not ripping Obama for the gaffe, but simply pointing out the difference between the way those of a rightward slant treat this kind of news vs the the insanity that would have spewed from the left if the shoe was on the other foot.

I generally consider myself to be one of us, more or less, but I can't claim #3. What can I say, I'm human.

Except that they're not ripping Obama for the gaffe, but simply pointing out the difference between the way those of a rightward slant treat this kind of news vs the the insanity that would have spewed from the left if the shoe was on the other foot.

Only they are ripping Obama. Conservatives are such victims.

may I ask what the !@#$ are you talking about

Republican Party chairman Reince Priebus told CBS News, "people make mistakes but ... when he is not scripted, mistakes seem to happen."

"I think the president is a scripted, plasticized candidate and I think America is prepared to relieve him of his job in 2012," Priebus said.

That seems like ripping to me but maybe plasticized is a compliment.

I get it, the conservatives want this narrative " Bush was smart but seemed dumb because he was an honest guy who just said what was on his mind and shot from the hip- Obama is stupid but because he is so false and coached and artificially helped by technology he comes across as intelligent but whenever he has to think on his feet he fails"

Between this post and the total non-issue one about Michel Obama basically saying "that they are ready for a tough election campaign, and no they don't think their children will be effected because their daughters really don't care too much about/are sheltered from their parents political lives- and she goes on to thank the press for not getting into her daughters lives" I have to say that some conservatives on this board are total !@#$tards seriously there are many reasons why Obama sucks why maybe he should be impeached - Libya, contempt for congressional function , continuing warrant-less wire-tapes, accelerating the surveillance state and the police state, continuing the lack of governmental transparency, claiming the right to assassinate Americans without a trial, without notice, and without any chance for targets to legally object- I could go on for a while but a lot of the people on this board are more concerned that he ate a burger with mustard instead of ketchup.

That basically sums up a lot of the problems right there...

may I ask what the !@#$ are you talking about

That seems like ripping to me but maybe plasticized is a compliment.

I get it, the conservatives want this narrative " Bush was smart but seemed dumb because he was an honest guy who just said what was on his mind and shot from the hip- Obama is stupid but because he is so false and coached and artificially helped by technology he comes across as intelligent but whenever he has to think on his feet he fails"

Between this post and the total non-issue one about Michel Obama basically saying "that they are ready for a tough election campaign, and no they don't think their children will be effected because their daughters really don't care too much about/are sheltered from their parents political lives- and she goes on to thank the press for not getting into her daughters lives" I have to say that some conservatives on this board are total !@#$tards seriously there are many reasons why Obama sucks why maybe he should be impeached - Libya, contempt for congressional function , continuing warrant-less wire-tapes, accelerating the surveillance state and the police state, continuing the lack of governmental transparency, claiming the right to assassinate Americans without a trial, without notice, and without any chance for targets to legally object- I could go on for a while but a lot of the people on this board are more concerned that he ate a burger with mustard instead of ketchup.

I was referring to the other posters in this thread not ripping Obama.

As to the article, sure there are elements of the right that will grasp hold of any and every contrived controversy to get a shot in. The difference is you get a glimpse of this on some cable opinion program or semi-obscure online publication instead of plastered across the evening news, solemnly discussed by stone faced news anchors with furrowed brows and wrinkled foreheads who conveniently feel their duty is to tightly scrutinize [Republican] political leaders.

And as far as "plasticized", a negative but accurate description is not necessarily ripping someone. If the narrative is "Obama made a mistake here so he therefore generally sucks ass" then yes, that's a bit much. But if it is "another demonstration of Obama being scripted" it's more of an observation about a particular aspect of him.

When Bush was in office the guy couldn't fart in the wind without it becoming a scandal. When he accurately stated what British intelligence had conveyed it was a scandal. When he replaced a handful of U.S. attorneys it was a scandal. When he used sanitizer after a handshake it was a scandal, for God's sake.

But now that a Dem is in office all the same hand wringing ninnies that were flailing and shrieking about the "theocracy" they were forced to live in, expect everyone to sit down, shut up, and give their guy (who is !@#$ing up left and right by the way) the benefit of the doubt every step of the way. And then have the audacity to cry foul when anybody so much as hints at mimicking their own behavior.

Edited by Rob's House

I was referring to the other posters in this thread not ripping Obama.

As to the article, sure there are elements of the right that will grasp hold of any and every contrived controversy to get a shot in. The difference is you get a glimpse of this on some cable opinion program or semi-obscure online publication instead of plastered across the evening news, solemnly discussed by stone faced news anchors with furrowed brows and wrinkled foreheads who conveniently feel their duty is to tightly scrutinize [Republican] political leaders.

And as far as "plasticized", a negative but accurate description is not necessarily ripping someone. If the narrative is "Obama made a mistake here so he therefore generally sucks ass" then yes, that's a bit much. But if it is "another demonstration of Obama being scripted" it's more of an observation about a particular aspect of him.

When Bush was in office the guy couldn't fart in the wind without it becoming a scandal. When he accurately stated what British intelligence had conveyed it was a scandal. When he replaced a handful of U.S. attorneys it was a scandal. When he used sanitizer after a handshake it was a scandal, for God's sake.

But now that a Dem is in office all the same hand wringing ninnies that were flailing and shrieking about the "theocracy" they were forced to live in, expect everyone to sit down, shut up, and give their guy (who is !@#$ing up left and right by the way) the benefit of the doubt every step of the way. And then have the audacity to cry foul when anybody so much as hints at mimicking their own behavior.

And this childish, immature attitude of "he said it first" is doing as much harm to the country as anything. I guess kids just aren't taught that 2 wrongs don't make a right anymore... among other things.

And this childish, immature attitude of "he said it first" is doing as much harm to the country as anything. I guess kids just aren't taught that 2 wrongs don't make a right anymore... among other things.

Agreed, it is childish and immature. It's just amusing after 8 years of constant bombardment of "Bush Bad" raining down from every possible venue, that suddenly your guys on left have conveniently matured and snootily tout their new found maturity and desire for civilized discourse. Maybe you were saying these same things when Bush was in office. I don't know. But most of your liberal friends were not. And they were a lot shriller and a lot louder than the people they're criticizing now.

Edited by Rob's House

Agreed, it is childish and immature. It's just amusing after 8 years of constant bombardment of "Bush Bad" raining down from every possible venue, that suddenly your guys on left have conveniently matured and snootily tout their new found maturity and desire for civilized discourse. Maybe you were saying these same things when Bush was in office. I don't know. But most of your liberal friends were not. And they were a lot shriller and a lot louder than the people they're criticizing now.

Not my liberal friends, but your point remains true. Certainly both liberals and conservatives are equally at fault for the immaturity and lack of progress in this country due to it.