Lucky Numbers # # # ?

Bring back the Luck !  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Bills should bring back numbers that have been lucky for the franchise? Such as 12,15, and 34, etc. . .

• Yes, it's all about winning!
    • No.
    • Maybe if the right player were to be available.

Interesting question and I've got to let it sink in a bit before I vote.

I know the Bills dusted off Andre Reed's #83 for first rounder Lee Evans.

And what if Marcel Dareus had worn #78 throughout his football career? How would we feel about him being the first to wear "Bruce's number."

Like the Yankees with no names on their shirts, I think you could make the argument that no individual is greater than the team.

On the other hand, it's nice to withhold certain numbers as a tribute to certain players.

It's an interesting question. I'm inclined to vote for C.

Chris Brown's article on 'The Untouchable Numbers'...posted on 6/17/2011.

Jim Kelly is the only jersey that is retired as a Bill...

15, 32, 34, 44, 66 and 78 are considered unoficially retired by Hojnowski and staff...

83 is hard to keep unofficially retired due to the nature of WR's needing the number...

McKelvin wanted 34 after he was drafted, Hojo said no dice...

Byrd thought about wearing 32 after he was drafted, but switched to 31...

I'd have to think real hard if I wanted to see another 12, 32, 34, or 78 on the field in a Bills uniform. I wonder what Jim Kelly would say if we drafted a first round QB and he asked Jimbo if he could wear good ole #12. If the retired player gives permission I think it is alright. Personally I think Kelly and Thurman would t have any problems with it. Bruce was a little more cocky, I wonder if he would feel disrespected.

12, 34, and 78 should be kept retired

11 and 32 should be banned. Or maybe have a mass OJ/Norwood/RJ/Bledsoe/Parrish jersey burning ceremony to exorcise the demons

15 I don't think is retired. Todd Collins wore it 30 years after Kemp

It is a pretty dumb poll and question, no personal disrespect intended. Those numbers had nothing to do with luck at all, they had to do with the great players that wore those numbers-nothing was luck with those guys. And as far as number 12 is concerned it is officially retired, nobody can wear it again-ever. There was also an article just a couple days ago about uniform numbers on the Bills website and how 12, 34, 78, 44 and a couple others will never be worn again. They mentioned that when Leodis McFumble came to Buffalo he asked for his college number, 34-and was told "We had a guy named Thurman Thomas here, that isn't going to happen."

12, 34, and 78 should be kept retired

11 and 32 should be banned. Or maybe have a mass OJ/Norwood/RJ/Bledsoe/Parrish jersey burning ceremony to exorcise the demons

15 I don't think is retired. Todd Collins wore it 30 years after Kemp

The only number retired by this franchise is #12. The others will not be worn again, but they aren't retired.

It is a pretty dumb poll and question, no personal disrespect intended. Those numbers had nothing to do with luck at all, they had to do with the great players that wore those numbers-nothing was luck with those guys. And as far as number 12 is concerned it is officially retired, nobody can wear it again-ever. There was also an article just a couple days ago about uniform numbers on the Bills website and how 12, 34, 78, 44 and a couple others will never be worn again. They mentioned that when Leodis McFumble came to Buffalo he asked for his college number, 34-and was told "We had a guy named Thurman Thomas here, that isn't going to happen."

The only number retired by this franchise is #12. The others will not be worn again, but they aren't retired.

It's your opinion and your intitled to it, whatever dude, it's been slow as far as football goes, so the mind wanders :angry: