good read on the welfare state

Let me illustrate a poor person's thinking from an example of the average poor person (white/black/spanish/otherwise) that I encounter in my line of work on a daily basis:

Me: "That policy costs $250 a month."

Them: "How the hell am I supposed to pay for that? why isn't the government doing anything about that?"

It's not about race, it's about an entitlement mentality among ALL americans. There's this rampant belief out there that we're all owed something in life, and we're not. Some people win, some people lose. In the end, you gotta do what you gotta do for yourself because it ain't my fault you're poor. It's yours.

Some people are always looking for a handout

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the top delusional glossing of skills/achievements belongs to OC you are restricted to semi-delusional glossing- people there is a hierarchy that must be respected if we are to avoid chaos.

Tell me exactly what and I when I have glossed. See, ...lybob, I always tell the truth, whether you like it or not. That pisses people off, makes them jealous of me, or any number of other negative consequences, but I simply don't care. Lying to spare people's feelings is a complete waste of time, and a sign of weakness, because in the end they are going to find out the truth anyway. I am not talking about being insensitive, just the opposite.

Now, give me one example delusional glossing of skills/achievements....this is going to be hysterical. Who want's to bet that this will be yet another question ...lybob will refuse to answer?

Tell me exactly what and I when I have glossed. See, ...lybob, I always tell the truth, whether you like it or not. That pisses people off, makes them jealous of me, or any number of other negative consequences, but I simply don't care. Lying to spare people's feelings is a complete waste of time, and a sign of weakness, because in the end they are going to find out the truth anyway. I am not talking about being insensitive, just the opposite.

Now, give me one example delusional glossing of skills/achievements....this is going to be hysterical. Who want's to bet that this will be yet another question ...lybob will refuse to answer?

maybe comparing yourself with Thomas Jefferson or how about this one

I understand that sometimes a President has to make a call, and usually the info he's basing that call on is incomplete and/or inaccurate, Republican or Democrat. That's what happened with Iraq, and that is what is happening, I think, with Afghanistan and Libya now.

I understand that because as a leader, I know that most leaders, at every level, have to make calls based on incomplete and/or inaccurate info.

I also liked the post where you say everyone you work with loves you, I really can't express how mind-blowingly impossible that sounds.

Edited by ....lybob

Stop paying people to have kids and they'll stop having kids. For some baby mamas, pumping out puppies is their job. :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with the fact that people should be smart and not have children when they simply can't afford them. However, I do feel for those single moms or dads that bust their butts everyday and do legitimately need help.

I also liked the post where you say everyone you work with loves you, I really can't express how mind-blowingly impossible that sounds.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

So you don't know the difference between:

"I tend to follow Jeffereson's thinking on most things"

and

"I am like Thomas Jefferson"?

You are an unmitigated moron.

What the F are you talking about?

I never said that. That is your piss poor reading comprehension at work.

You are an unmitigated moron.

Yes, and you are an unmitigated moron as well.

Both because you are of your own accord, and, because you took what another unmitigated moron said at face value without making sure it was valid first.

Dear Olfactory Crime don't be upset I'm sure someday you'll find someone who loves you almost as much as you love you.

He also espoused idiotic economic theories.

A politician, espousing idiotic economic theories? The hell you say...

But I'll bet it wasn't the "Rainbow Farting Unicorn" theory he was promoting, so he had that going for him.

A politician, espousing idiotic economic theories? The hell you say...

But I'll bet it wasn't the "Rainbow Farting Unicorn" theory he was promoting, so he had that going for him.

No it wasn't, but considering that he was a founding father, those theories wold have been disastrous if fully carried out.

And yeah, I keep reading this stuff about Obama warming up to the business community. I'm sure it's going to start paying dividends.

Really soon.

Any day now.

Probably later today, or maybe Monday, at the latest.

But if it rains, it may slip to Friday.

Or maybe a week after that.

Do you remember LBJ?

Poor people existed(we did not live in a utopia) those poor folk? Were called "Colored Folk" for the most part, a far more modest style of living was the trend back then. We didn't stuff our faces with credit card debit and things we couldn't afford. Want to know how far we've come? Owning a Cadillac was a status symbol, owning more than one television was for the wealthy and not common in our normal neighborhoods. Why? We could have taken loans out for such thing, most of us had good reputations with our local S&L's but we DIDN'T! Because WE learned the value of a buck EARLY ON in our rearing years. The WASTE NOT WANT NOT attitude applied in most cases, we knew our roles in our family/society as well as the workplace better.

We informed ourselves by reading piles of books, strapping them up and WALKING TO SCHOOL for the most part. The things that have made our lives easier COMPUTERS/CELL PHONES/TECHNOLOGY in general became the first thing we over ate. Things are vastly different now, the progress we sought in those days turned into the horrid reality you all face today. My generation is surely a fault for sculpting the beast and sending him off for your generation or the one before it to make him easier to use. Sloth is a deadly sin, greed is a deadly sin, gluttony is a deadly sin and our society has been found guilty of all of them. Hopefully these next generation folks can forget about righting our wrongs and do right by themselves and those down the line, if we do that then maybe we've got a chance to keep this thing going.

Well that's my two cents.

Welcome back Cincy, we missed you.

So you don't know the difference between:

Jefferson didn't fight to outlaw slavery during Constitutional convention era, but as such a law would have "unintended consequences" and lead to a "legal quagmire," by your logic, you probably agree with that decision so it's not shocking you follow TJ.

Ready to return to an agrarian society?

Have a blood-filled revolution?

Love the French?

Petty jealous egomaniac?

You do follow Jefferson don't you?

Edited by Peace

Welcome back Cincy, we missed you.

Jefferson didn't fight to outlaw slavery during Constitutional convention era, but as such a law would have "unintended consequences" and lead to a "legal quagmire," by your logic, you probably agree with that decision so it's not shocking you follow TJ.

Ready to return to an agrarian society?

Have a blood-filled revolution?

Love the French?

Petty jealous egomaniac?

You do follow Jefferson don't you?

Oh look:

Another unmitigated moron that thinks:

is the same as

"I absolutely follow Jefferson's thinking on all things...and all those things I take literally and without historical context or modification for the world we currently live in" :lol::doh:

Jesus, how pathetic is this? Pretty bad when they have to resort to failed attempts at word parsing....

EDIT: And peace? Do yourself a favor and read the history surrounding this statement:

"Jefferson didn't fight to outlaw slavery during Constitutional convention era, but as such a law would have "unintended consequences" and lead to a "legal quagmire,"

and realize just how accurate and poignant it is...and therefore, hysterically ironic, that a dolt like you would make my point for me...unintentionally.

You wanted unintended consequences? Well, there they are. Provided by you, of your own free will. :lol: :lol: :blink::lol:

What an unmitigated moron.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Oh look:

Another unmitigated moron that thinks:

is the same as

"I absolutely follow Jefferson's thinking on all things...and all those things I take literally and without historical context or modification for the world we currently live in" :lol::doh:

Jesus, how pathetic is this? Pretty bad when they have to resort to failed attempts at word parsing....

EDIT: And peace? Do yourself a favor and read the history surrounding this statement:

"Jefferson didn't fight to outlaw slavery during Constitutional convention era, but as such a law would have "unintended consequences" and lead to a "legal quagmire,"

and realize just how accurate and poignant it is...and therefore, hysterically ironic, that a dolt like you would make my point for me...unintentionally.

You wanted unintended consequences? Well, there they are. Provided by you, of your own free will. :lol: :lol: :blink::lol:

What an unmitigated moron.

That is an awful amount of smilies...

Or he simply wanted to limit Sally Hemmings' choices of men?