Ice Road Truckers is back!

Just Jack

I will have to watch this year, I hope its not as bad as it has been. I hope they'd ditch a lot of those reality shows they have. MadHouse was fun but silly. Pawn Stars is hilarious. Almost all ride on the coat tails of the original.

Also, Whale Wars is back and looking as retarded as ever!

I'd say the first season is decent to get an idea of some of the characters that have been on most seasons. Then season 3, if it's available so you can see why Hugh is not driving in Alaska this year. Also check out IRT: Deadliest Roads for the season in India. I can't think of any reason to watch season 2.

Hugh is a jackass. If I were his supervisor and saw him treating my equipment like that on TV, Id fire him on the spot.

That's part of the problem, by time it makes TV, the season has been over for several months. It's fun watching last night when he was saying how Canada was so much better, Alaska is for losers, when in reality Alaska (Carlile) wasn't going to let him come back there.

I will have to watch this year, I hope its not as bad as it has been. I hope they'd ditch a lot of those reality shows they have. MadHouse was fun but silly. Pawn Stars is hilarious. Almost all ride on the coat tails of the original.

Also, Whale Wars is back and looking as retarded as ever!

On an entertainment/excitement scale I want to like Whale Wars, but it's fallen short to me- the idea of people throwing the jars of stinky butter at other ships is not exciting TV. Maybe I'm programmed to enjoy physical confrontation more?

However, the story of these activists taking on the Whalers and trying to prevent them from doing their "work" (whatever your feelings are on that topic) is what is interesting. I read a story a few months back of the results of this year's Sea Shepherd campaign so I'll watch to see how this season plays out.

The South park episode was really funny.

On an entertainment/excitement scale I want to like Whale Wars, but it's fallen short to me- the idea of people throwing the jars of stinky butter at other ships is not exciting TV. Maybe I'm programmed to enjoy physical confrontation more?

However, the story of these activists taking on the Whalers and trying to prevent them from doing their "work" (whatever your feelings are on that topic) is what is interesting. I read a story a few months back of the results of this year's Sea Shepherd campaign so I'll watch to see how this season plays out.

The South park episode was really funny.

I've recently seen a few episodes of Whale Wars and I was struck at how ineffectual they were. Sure they try and do all sorts of things, but from what I saw none of what they did ever worked - the Japanese went right on shooting, transferring and processing whales. In one episode they wanted to try and prevent the transfer of a whale from one ship to the processing ship and had to stay really close but had to completely slow down to allow their helicopter to land, refuel and take off again. By the time they got their act together the transfer had happened and I was left thinking that their tacticians were terrible at what they were doing - the key moment arrives and now you have to deal with your helicopter? If that's the best you've got its time to go home.

I clicked on this thread to find out how people could watch more than two episodes of IRT. I've had more dramatic rides home in the snow.

A buddy of mine that was raised in the Cleveland Ohio area is a die hard fan of IRT. He

even watched the ones from India.

Tonight they had Maya in a bikini at some hot springs.

How pathetic was that? They should have just put up a crawl at the bottom that scrolled "for ratings purposes we are showing T&A that have absolutely nothing to do with this show". Somehow I don't think they ever filmed Alex or Hugh taking in the hot springs......

How pathetic was that? They should have just put up a crawl at the bottom that scrolled "for ratings purposes we are showing T&A that have absolutely nothing to do with this show". Somehow I don't think they ever filmed Alex or Hugh taking in the hot springs......

I don't think they ever filmed Alex or Hugh either. If they had where would IRT be now?

That would be called filming wildlife, one of them nature scenes of a grizzly drinking from the stream.

I clicked on this thread to find out how people could watch more than two episodes of IRT. I've had more dramatic rides home in the snow.

LOL

Watched the show a couple of times and I said the same thing to myself.

was driving on the I-90 on 4 inches of snow with radial tires in a blizzard one night from Rochester AND got home safe so that show can kiss my entire black ass.

Needless to say that was hardly my worse night driving in the snow and many people from WNY can say the same thing.

LOL

Watched the show a couple of times and I said the same thing to myself.

was driving on the I-90 on 4 inches of snow with radial tires in a blizzard one night from Rochester AND got home safe so that show can kiss my entire black ass.

Needless to say that was hardly my worse night driving in the snow and many people from WNY can say the same thing.

And you probably drove on black ice too just like the IRT drivers.

Edited by CowgirlsFan