Sunday Ticket

Has anyone used NFL Game Rewind on NFL.com? It sounds like you can watch all the games online, just not live, for much cheaper that DirecTV. If there is a season, I am planning to try this out but was curious if there was any feedback.

With the kids, I was watching all my Sunday Ticket games on Tivo anyway. We just cancelled DirecTV and installed a HD antennae in the attic and now get 20+ channels for free over the air. With Netflix and the antennae, we are now spending $10 per month compared to $150+/month previously.

Has anyone used NFL Game Rewind on NFL.com? It sounds like you can watch all the games online, just not live, for much cheaper that DirecTV. If there is a season, I am planning to try this out but was curious if there was any feedback.

With the kids, I was watching all my Sunday Ticket games on Tivo anyway. We just cancelled DirecTV and installed a HD antennae in the attic and now get 20+ channels for free over the air. With Netflix and the antennae, we are now spending $10 per month compared to $150+/month previously.

I considered this option last year. I think the catch was they don't pomise to post the games until midnight after the game. I don't know when they were actually made available, or if that's changed at all for this year.

I considered this option last year. I think the catch was they don't pomise to post the games until midnight after the game. I don't know when they were actually made available, or if that's changed at all for this year.

That was the killer for me. Sunday is my football day. Who wants to wait? I can see this being great for those in areas where the time zones are opposite, though.

Living in St. Louis, Sunday Ticket is the only way I have to watch the Bills every year.

I just can't watch the Rams every week...but the prices are getting way out of line. I might have to become a big fan of Sam Bradford.

Been getting the Ticket since '95 and have never paid over $200 for it. Directv is always willing to make me a deal...only a fool would pay full price. Living in Indy and being a Bills fan was the reason I got the Ticket because the Colts used to suck and I wouldn't be stuck watching them...who knew?

When I moved to California in the early 80's I'd of paid $1000 to be able to watch the BILLS each and ever week. An extra $24 isn't gonna kill me and with it now in HD it's the ultimate. I've done the 'retention' thing before too, that's just an added bonus. I've had DIRECTV since Nov '94 when it came out and had the Sunday ticket ... t'was something like $129 if I remember correctly?

Before that, when the local NBC affiliate in LA didn't carry the BILLS games I'd call NBC's throughout California to see if our game was going to televised. If it was I'd be driving up to Santa Barbara, The Grapevine (south of Bakersfield), Palm Desert, etc ... then drive up there and get a room with friends just to watch the BILLS play.

Now we even have HD .... we're a bit spoiled now and we have not much to complain about in this regard .... let 'em have their $24 ... I'm sure their costs had to of gone up since the technology sure has ....

I called DirecTV yesterday to complain about the NFL Sunday Ticket pricing and they gave me a $30/month credit for the next 6 months. The best part is I get the credit even if there is no NFL season! The first person I talked to wouldn't do anything, so I said I was going to cancel my Sunday Ticket, so she transferred me to the cancellation department and the guy in the cancellation department gave me the credit as a reward for being a loyal customer and told me to do it again next year.

Just made my call regarding the Ticket. They are only going to charge me $161.00 for the NFL Sunday ticket this season if the season happens at all. That is the lowest I've ever gotten them down to. I was stubborn and told them they had to take off a certain amount of money per monthly bill even if the season doesn't happen. They agreed. It was fun getting them down lower. They had me on hold for about five minutes once I said I wasn't paying anything over $175. You have to be rough with them and don't fall for their other offers (free showtime and other channel crap). Tell them you demand money taken off or you are out. They will do it.

I wish I was able to get that deal. They offered me just $10 per month off my bill for 1 year which would have only brought be dow to about $205 for the season which wasn't low enough and i would have had to wait to year to get the full credit. I could not get them down any lower so I ended up dropping the Auto-Renewel. If I decide I do want it and if there is a season, I'll callback in aand see what deal I can get. I think they are going to find alot of cancelations this year.

The good thought is that if I don't want toe Sunday Ticket anymore, that was the only thing keeping me with Direct TV and I can now swithc ot FIOS if I want to -- I already have them for phone & internet.

I called DirecTV yesterday to complain about the NFL Sunday Ticket pricing and they gave me a $30/month credit for the next 6 months. The best part is I get the credit even if there is no NFL season! The first person I talked to wouldn't do anything, so I said I was going to cancel my Sunday Ticket, so she transferred me to the cancellation department and the guy in the cancellation department gave me the credit as a reward for being a loyal customer and told me to do it again next year.

I called up and got $25/mo off regardless of a season. Thanks for the tip.

No mention of a credit if some games aren't played? (Only that you won't be billed until the games begin.) What happens if they play a shortened season?

The email they sent me about NFL ST said:

• If any games are cancelled from the season schedule, the balance on your bill will be adjusted accordingly.