The real end of the world

Call me what you will, but there's a part of me that thinks O would absolutely love to see this happen just so he could get his fingers on that. To the tune of being willing to sacrifice a second term.

Here in CT, the governor, after raising taxes on "the rich" and actually increasing the budget by $1.5B over two years --- this is after we've been $3.5B in the red and high-interest borrowing to meet payments --- got some good news that tax receipts had gone over expectations by $400M so far this year. What do you think he did with it?

Spent it like it's going outta of style.

I used to pick among candidates that I thought were best, among the parties (I once even voted for a local-ticket Board of Educ. Greenie who appeared not to have his head up his ass). Nevermore will I vote for a Democrat. !@#$ing NEVER. You hear it so often it's almost cliche. But it's true. It's just tax and spend with them and they don't give a ****.

Call me what you will, but there's a part of me that thinks O would absolutely love to see this happen just so he could get his fingers on that. To the tune of being willing to sacrifice a second term.

Here in CT, the governor, after raising taxes on "the rich" and actually increasing the budget by $1.5B over two years --- this is after we've been $3.5B in the red and high-interest borrowing to meet payments --- got some good news that tax receipts had gone over expectations by $400M so far this year. What do you think he did with it?

Spent it like it's going outta of style.

I used to pick among candidates that I thought were best, among the parties (I once even voted for a local-ticket Board of Educ. Greenie who appeared not to have his head up his ass). Nevermore will I vote for a Democrat. !@#$ing NEVER. You hear it so often it's almost cliche. But it's true. It's just tax and spend with them and they don't give a ****.

Dannel's plans have caused what's being called "the white flight" from CT. According to a guy who was a former CT politician who came to my surgery center, 10,000 families with jobs left the state and 9,000 families needing state aid moved-in in April alone. One of the ENT's I work with said that he saw a medicaid patient that came from somewhere in the midwest and asked him why he moved to CT, and he said it's because the benefits are better and easier to get.

Dannel's plans have caused what's being called "the white flight" from CT. According to a guy who was a former CT politician who came to my surgery center, 10,000 families with jobs left the state and 9,000 families needing state aid moved-in in April alone. One of the ENT's I work with said that he saw a medicaid patient that came from somewhere in the midwest and asked him why he moved to CT, and he said it's because the benefits are better and easier to get.

I don't know anyone who is nearing or of age who's actually planning on retiring here. That's an entirely untenable prospect.

CT's a beautiful place (well, here in the more rural part) and it's the land of all my sins, but it's getting harder and harder to justify living here. If our home hadn't been bought so cheaply and paid off in the '70s, there'd be no way we could afford it. Even at that, it's difficult. This town does next to nothing for services and yet they get very creative with their taxes. We live on a lake and now have a "view tax." A !@#$ing tax because we have a nice view. Holy ****! And it's tyranny of the majority here. I shouldn't have to move just because these !@#$s vote to spend and spend and spend.

I don't know anyone who is nearing or of age who's actually planning on retiring here. That's an entirely untenable prospect.

CT's a beautiful place (well, here in the more rural part) and it's the land of all my sins, but it's getting harder and harder to justify living here. If our home hadn't been bought so cheaply and paid off in the '70s, there'd be no way we could afford it. Even at that, it's difficult. This town does next to nothing for services and yet they get very creative with their taxes. We live on a lake and now have a "view tax." A !@#$ing tax because we have a nice view. Holy ****! And it's tyranny of the majority here. I shouldn't have to move just because these !@#$s vote to spend and spend and spend.

It is a beautiful place, but it's steadily being destroyed by liberal policies. I am looking for other places to work/live because things will only get worse.

CT's a beautiful place (well, here in the more rural part) and it's the land of all my sins, but it's getting harder and harder to justify living here. If our home hadn't been bought so cheaply and paid off in the '70s, there'd be no way we could afford it. Even at that, it's difficult. This town does next to nothing for services and yet they get very creative with their taxes. We live on a lake and now have a "view tax." A !@#$ing tax because we have a nice view. Holy ****!

States are going to be getting a LOT more creative over the next few years with taxing things, to make up the shortfall of federal spending and fund their mandated programs.