Bills Suspend 401K Payments

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-pensions

I get that a company needs to cut back when income/profit decreases... i've been there... but isn't this premature? I mean, at this point in the offseason there wouldn't be any money coming in the door (not from ticket sales, anyway). If they have to do this, why not wait until preseason home game #1 is missed, thus impacting their revenue? I usually don't subscribe to the "Ralph is cheap" talk, but this is making me rethink my stance on that one.

I get that a company needs to cut back when income/profit decreases... i've been there... but isn't this premature? I mean, at this point in the offseason there wouldn't be any money coming in the door (not from ticket sales, anyway). If they have to do this, why not wait until preseason home game #1 is missed, thus impacting their revenue? I usually don't subscribe to the "Ralph is cheap" talk, but this is making me rethink my stance on that one.

Because you won't have enough time to make up the losses from missed games.

The greed we are seeing both from the owners and players is sickening. They are millionaires and have financial staying power. It really hits home for me though when the people behind the scenes like the ticket sellers, custodial staff, etc get paycuts or are laid off and can't pay their bills. That burns my ass.

Interesting. They must have a profit sharing plan. In order to still comply with safe-harbor testing under the Department of Labor and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) they must be making disrectionary contributions to the plan. It makes sense, If the Bills cannot forsee a profit this year, there is no revenue they can count on to share with employees. Hence, the suspension of team contributions.

Edited by tonyd19

Pensions or 401k's? Payments or contributions? It makes a huge difference.

Not a well-written story.

Pensions or 401k's? Payments or contributions? It makes a huge difference.

Not a well-written story.

Both, and they won't make up the payments. Look for a thread I started yesterday. It includes a Wawrow article.

Both, and they won't make up the payments. Look for a thread I started yesterday. It includes a Wawrow article.

What, there's duplicate threads on the topic? Shouldn't they be joined? Who the hell's moderating this place? :pirate: