Team Workouts

For the Twitter freaks some tweets from Fred Jackson, Torell Troupe, Jairus Byrd, David Nelson, Felton Huggins and Danny Batton.

Linky

Thanks for posting, Rock.

I love Felton Huggins saying that he and Cordero Howard were gonna go out for some Louie's.

And how about Jairus Byrd? "They say home is where the heart is… well my heart is in Buffalo."

Twitter rumors say Maybin showed up looking like a WR:

http://www.footballn...r/#.TdrrQuYsPNs

Of course, without a source I take it all with a grain of salt. Seems strange to say "when he recently showed up" - recently, like, this morning?

Yes… because again… Maybin has a small frame.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off the top of my head the lions, jags, saints, giants, colts, bears, pats , jets, phins are having these workouts. I imagine if you looked you find nearly every team doing this. Again, the Bills players are doing nothing special.

I think the most important thing about this is that it provides yet another example of how unnecesary the NFL owners are. There are some useful things missing like coaches but anyone can write a pay check. The Packers demonstrated that a municipally managed team can compete and win in this league.

The players are the game and not the team owners. If they can self motivate and show up to play, there are some logistical issues to be dealt with but the Packers show it can be done.

The players really need to cut the owners out of this process since they add nothing to the game that cannot be replaced.

Its time for replacement owners!

I find it somewhat alarming that these workouts are being limited so much. George Wilson is telling the rookies not to get involved with the drills all together because he doesn't want them to get hurt. He is giving them sound advice because getting hurt at this stage could really hurt their career. We know though that this lockout is preventing them from really getting competitive and pushing themselves and each other the way they would in normal preseason workouts.

Lets hope things change soon so the coaches and players can get together and and do some real training.

Linky no worky for me (firewall), but IIRC Wilson or Jackson indicated that the rookies wouldn't be allowed to work out with the players...

Still, it's good to see. It's not like they won't get anything out of it. At the very least, they can discuss the playbook, which according to Chris Brown the team didn't get a chance to pass out before the lockout. Apparently, they were planning a meeting with the rookies within a couple of days of the draft but never got the chance.

Yea, your starting to sound like a broken record. This is a message board that focuses on the Buffalo Bills................in case you haven't noticed.

Here is some more on the workouts. Kelsay speaks to a reporter as he gets off a plane at the Buffalo airport.

Linky

Really thanks, I appreciate your insight. You made its sound like the BILLS were one of the few teams doing this, somehow implying its special. I simply pointed out that was not the case. Being a BILLS fan does mean one has to be ignorant in the ways of the league outside of the BILLS. I think its totally appropriate to mention what other teams are doing since yanno the BILLS play those teams.

Btw, since this is so good for team bonding, and it is, has anyone mentioned that his holiness Eric Wood is not attending? SPiller is absent as well.

Nice article on Dareus.

Buffalo News

and another.

Rochester D & C

Really thanks, I appreciate your insight. You made its sound like the BILLS were one of the few teams doing this, somehow implying its special. I simply pointed out that was not the case. Being a BILLS fan does mean one has to be ignorant in the ways of the league outside of the BILLS. I think its totally appropriate to mention what other teams are doing since yanno the BILLS play those teams.

Btw, since this is so good for team bonding, and it is, has anyone mentioned that his holiness Eric Wood is not attending? SPiller is absent as well.

There you go repeating yourself again. :doh:

Look, I get that you are not impressed by the team getting together but stop with the Debbie Downer remarks. What's with you?

Nice article on Dareus.

Buffalo News

and another.

Rochester D & C

There you go repeating yourself again. :doh:

Look, I get that you are not impressed by the team getting together but stop with the Debbie Downer remarks. What's with you?

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but a little perspective will keep this board more informative on the BILLS. I think fans should be able to visit this board and gain an understanding of where the team is at in its development, as well as learn the latest news.

When a poster posts something that is off base, we should owe it to our fellow fans to correct the oversight. You had posted very few teams do this, i noted that's not the case. I dont think it would be fair to the uninformed fan to read this thread and think the Bills are gaining an upper hand.

BUT Its great that we have all the latest news about the team workouts. Lets keep it coming.

go bills.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but a little perspective will keep this board more informative on the BILLS. I think fans should be able to visit this board and gain an understanding of where the team is at in its development, as well as learn the latest news.

When a poster posts something that is off base, we should owe it to our fellow fans to correct the oversight. You had posted very few teams do this, i noted that's not the case. I dont think it would be fair to the uninformed fan to read this thread and think the Bills are gaining an upper hand.

BUT Its great that we have all the latest news about the team workouts. Lets keep it coming.

go bills.

I did? I don't recall that at all. I don't mind keeping things in perspective though :thumbsup: so here you go:

49ers Blog Talks about player workouts across the league.

Edited by Rockinon