Fox to bring back The Flintstones

"...America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat, stupid guy with a wife who's too good for him."

This will be a very interesting. The Flintstones in its day was kind of an edgy show. I wonder where they take this new version, especially with Seth MacFarlane?

PTR

Love it. MacFarlane is a genius with Family Guy and hopefully there's some spillover into this new Flintstones cartoon.

Funny, I like Seth McFarland, when I see him as a guest on a talk show, or something along those lines...but I loathe "Family Guy". Honeslty, I think the Flinstones is one of those cultural icons that is better left alone...what was edgy in the 60's was still pretty naive, by modern standards. I am not one who gets offended easily, but I just hate that they have to take something like this, and revive it...likely putting the modern version of "edgy" into it.

I think thats where its a good thing Seth McFarlane is trying this. I think he is one of the few that takes cartoons seriously, matt groening being another one. I think McFarlane holds the Flintstones as a cultural milestone as anyone, if not more. Granted I am a fan of his work, so I am a bit biased, but I am glad its him doing it and not some other cartoon hack...

Don't screw it up. Most remakes and comic book to film projects fall way short. DON"T SCREW IT UP! Sorry for yelling!