Obama: Companies need to "step up" and hire workers

In the context in which Republicans toss it around it can have a negative tone to it.

What context would that be? As in "According to the latest Rasmussen poll, almost 60% of the US wants Obamacare repealed"? That kind of context? Because that kind of context wouldn't be seen as negative if the Democratic sales pitch didn't sound a lot like "We have to pass it to see what's in it, but here are a couple of thousands waivers for friends of friends just in case it really doesn't do what we thought it would do."

Whether you call it Obamacare or the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, it's a piece of crap and you know it. I mentioned this six months ago, and I stand by it: the way to beat Obama in 2012 is, in part, to promise to repeal Obamacare...or the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act...or, The Joe Biden Big !@#$ing Deal Act. Whatever names makes you feel pretty. It doesn't matter. Promise to repeal it and knock this in-over-his-head person out of office.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See thats your problem. You let your empthy overide any logic you may have. Its evident all over this board. And yet you dont see it. I see Post after post knocking your bleeding heart to the ground with sound logic about current events. And yet you dont see it.

Explain to me what I don't see.

In the context in which Republicans toss it around it can have a negative tone to it.

Kind-of like how Obama said the Republicans could sit in the back seat on health care, because the Democrats and "American people" were driving? That sort of negative tone?

Wow, some takes every little word literally instead figuratively. Not surprising with you I guess.

Oh, no, I took it figuratively. Let me make it clearer, in deference to your early-onset dementia:

What kind of a !@#$ed-up metaphor is it to compare "the government" to "my neighbor"? Who in their right mind would consider the government to have any sort of traits comparable to that of a "neighbor"?

Kind-of like how Obama said the Republicans could sit in the back seat on health care, because the Democrats and "American people" were driving? That sort of negative tone?

No, I think he means negative tone like "The doctor may look at the reimbursement system and say to himself, 'You know what? I make a lot more money if I take this kid's tonsils out.'"

Or maybe he means negative tone like "The Republican Health Care Plan is 'Don't get sick. And if you get sick, die quickly.'"

Oh, no, I took it figuratively. Let me make it clearer, in deference to your early-onset dementia:

What kind of a !@#$ed-up metaphor is it to compare "the government" to "my neighbor"? Who in their right mind would consider the government to have any sort of traits comparable to that of a "neighbor"?

Since you are freakin' dumb, the crux of the latest part of this thread was another moron bitching about people receiving help (Food Stamps).... instead of saying hey let's help these people out, even though some things may need to change a bit it's more along the lines of screw them because my tax dollars are funding that program.

It has nothing to do with the President, or partisan politics.

Actually, it does. I'm not saying that he is soley responsible for the lack luster job market, because that is definitely not the case, but his agenda certainly isn't helping to fuel a sustained pusn in the labor market.

Examples:

Dodd/Frank Fin reg Bill with the Durbin amendment is making it much tougher for banks to turn a profit. We can demonize the banks all we want considering its the populist in thing to do, but the reality is without a healthy banking sector (which means them turning a nice profit) there wont be the sort of bank lending that is necessary to promote job growth.

The stricter oil and EPA regulations, there are many jobs that have been lost because of these new developments.

The health insurance law. Oh jeez, I've spoken about this ad nauseum, you can find my posts in previous threads.

The growing U.S debt, many job creators understand that our nearly $15 Trillion debt will come with a price tag, and that usually means higher taxes or at the very least slower growth.

Having said all that, you are right in that there are many companies that are turning a good profit with the employees they have now, there are too many uncertainties for many companies to want to expand their workforce considering the profits they are making now.

My point is that Obama isn't to blame for the lack luster job market, but he certainly isn't helping us get out of this situation. However, ever since the elections and the "shellacking" they took at the polls last november, he has definitely been tacking more to the center and I am a bit encouraged with his newfound sense of capitalism. I guess he understands that this move to the middle probably is going to give him a decent shot at winning enough of the independents to carry the 2012 elections.

Since you are freakin' dumb, the crux of the latest part of this thread was another moron bitching about people receiving help (Food Stamps).... instead of saying hey let's help these people out, even though some things may need to change a bit it's more along the lines of screw them because my tax dollars are funding that program.

How does that "context" in any way make your metaphor any less idiotic?