Some stats to think about ...

Willis McGahee - 239 for 924 yards, 9 TD's and 2 fumbles

Thats 3.8 yards a carry ... of the top 15 rushers in yards ... he is 13th in total yards and the lowest yards per carry of the people ahead of him. His "success rate", This number represents the player's consistency, measured by successful running plays (the definition of success being different based on down and distance) divided by total running plays. His is 45%, which is almost the lowest of any back above him in yards. Most are at 55%.

Kind of shows he is a good solid running back ... by comparision last year Henry was also a 45% guy and had 332 for 1361 yards for an average of 4.1 yards a carry.

Best receiver - Evans or Moulds?

Evans - 52 for 587 yards (11.2 avg) and 6 TDs and catches 63% of the balls thrown him. 9 over 20 yards and 4 over 40 yards.

Moulds - 125 for 883 yards (7 avg) and 7 TD's and catches 57% of the balls thrown him. 12 over 20 yards and 2 over 40 yards.

By comparison Hines Ward is at 78% and most receivers are in the upper 60's

Where does Buffalo run the ball the most? Guess before you read this ..

Left 23% of the time, 3.58 yards, #10 in the league

Middle 54% of the time, 3.15 yards, #28 in the league

Right 23% of the time, 2.90 yards, #26 in the league

Just some food for thought !

by the way, mcgahee is getting these yards while every team has committed 8, sometimes 9, to stop the run. We haven't seen any true cover-2 where 4 DEs go against our linemen with maybe one blitzing LB and everyone else back to cover. It's always people at the line stuffing lanes.

I can't wait to see Willis against a team that decides to play a straight up cover 2.

But was that ANY different for Travis last year? and he also had a bum foot ...

Just seems people are so in love with Willis ... so far I do kind of like what I see ... but also have not seen the speed I expected ... and may never.

The OL has a part to play but so far I think he has been average .. sure he has had 100 yard days but with 26-30 carries.

Guest Willis McGahee's Mom

Just seems people are so in love with Willis ... so far I do kind of like what I see ... but also have not seen the speed I expected ... and may never.

The OL has a part to play but so far I think he has been average .. sure he has had 100 yard days but with 26-30 carries.

163609[/snapback]

but thats why WM reminds me of thurman (not completely like him so calm down)

but, thurman up to the line and in the middle of traffic never looked fast

but just like Thomas when it comes to running to the corner Willis' Speed comes out and that + best stiff arm in the league = Touchdowns

you're right.. maybe we should trade Willis in the offseason.

Hopefully, you;ll realize stats don't always tell the whole story.

Well, some do: like 100 yard games, and TDs...

163629[/snapback]

You are so right I feel that we need more stats on this team. I cant stand being in the middle of the pack for stats. We should all sign a petition for TD to only sign players in the top three for stats. That would be the missing link for future Super Bowls.

Willis should be the first to go. Lets start Henry this week. Look at his stats when he was injured last year. I bet he was in the top three for rushers with rib and knee injuries

I'm a big Travis fan, but I CANNOT overlook the effect of having Willis in there has had on sacks. I mean it was like night and day once Willis became the starter. And I don't know how Travis compared WRT runs for 0 or negative yards, so it might have been a better run-blocking O-line than what we've seen this year, and Travis didn't exactly have much success before Willis became the starter. His best game stat-wise was the 1st NE game, but it was a disaster in other areas for him.

Henry had the same numbers last year - hurt - as WM has this year ...

Not sold on WM yet ... luke warm really ... 100 yard days are no big deal with 30 carries ..

163638[/snapback]

Let me guess there traveling, You have a great team to trade willis too. Miami. Yea lets trade willis to miami and keep henry.

NOT

Let me guess there traveling, You have a great team to trade willis too. Miami. Yea lets trade willis to miami and keep henry.

NOT

163639[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

I don't know why after reading this I think of Mr. Haney trying to "wheel and deal" with Oliver Douglas on "Green Acres?"

"That is a jenuueyene worm-word table Mr. Douglas, loook you caaan still see the worms in it!"

???

NOT

163639[/snapback]

I don't think Traveling Dad was on an anti-Willis crusade. He was just posting FWIW stats. Amazing how some people have to start fights about everything here. I guess internet message boards are a good way to blow off steam rather than kicking the dog or punching the wife??? :lol:

163609[/snapback]

if you wanna talk stats, why dont we look at Willis's numbers in the second half of the game, when we need to grind out the yards and run out the clock...i seem to remember willis had a 15-for-75 2nd half a few weeks ago...simply put, your stats dont tell the full story...

I don't think Traveling Dad was on an anti-Willis crusade. He was just posting FWIW stats. Amazing how some people have to start fights about everything here. I guess internet message boards are a good way to blow off steam rather than kicking the dog or punching the wife???  :lol:

163665[/snapback]

Bwahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahvhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahv

So - besides the Willis stats - what about Evans vs Moulds - I wrote them for comments - which some people take that stats means someone should be traded.

My POINT was that you can read whatever you want into numbers - there are always outside forces to each - other people and situations can effect what happens - if one is forced to run or pass then that will effect what one sees.

Plus some people just need to lighten up some !!!

I so seldom see anyone post "food for thought" posts - was hoping for better replies.

I have to agree with Kelso and Traveling. He didn't post the stats to create a "trade Willis because he sucks thread" but to just point out some interesting stats. I'm thinking that the point is that the offense still hasn't really turned the corner and is still, in some ways, stuck in the mud. Willis's stats might be a bit misleading though. The last handful of games, the Bills have tried to control the clock at the end of the game and other teams are playing to defend the run first, which in turn cuts into the YPC stat. Though that isn't the only factor, I believe the line is still a work in progress and isn't as dominating as the 100 yd games tend to make you think they are.

Nice job on digging up these stats. It shows that it's a team game and without help form ST and the D, the Bills would be in serious trouble.