For Those Of You Who Don't Want QB In 1st or 2nd

I completely disagree with that statement...It's really ridiculous seeing as though everyone and their Mother knows there is only one, and can be only one, Peyton Manning...Anyone who compares a College QB coming out to Manning is pretty dumb...Secondly it's the Ryan Leaf's and Jamarcus Russell's of the world that keep Teams like the Bills hoping a QB with career 12-23 record as a Starter and 73 Career QB Rating can be something more than servicable so they don't HAVE to take a kid like Gabbert who has every single box checked when your looking purely (and admittedly) at potential for the QB position in the NFL...If it were not for the Leaf's, Russell's, Harringtons, etc I can promise you 100% that Gabbert would be the pick tonight...Everyone knows the bust rate is great...It's not about conventional wisdom or wishful thinking...It's about the fact that every Team knows it's a QB's league and if you find the right one to build around you're going to be good for a long time...There is no question about that fact, and THAT is why Teams continue to reach...The risk may be great, but if you get it right, the reward is FAR greater... B-)

Im sorry, the idea that you MUST HAVE that GREAT and elusive FRANCHISE QB to be a winning, contending team is poppycock. You dont need Manning or Marino. You need a GOOD QB. A bona fide starter who can win you ballgames and get the ball where it needs to be. Thats it. You put that kind of player under center, surround him with good talent and a coach with a clue and youll win a ton of ballgames for a long time. Chasing picks, overreaching and doing things like cashing in a whole draft for one player (saw THAT mentioned today) is a fool's errand.

Edited by RkFast

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, the idea that you MUST HAVE that GREAT and elusive FRANCHISE QB to be a winning, contending team is poppycock. You dont need Manning or Marino. You need a GOOD QB. A bona fide starter who can win you ballgames and get the ball where it needs to be. Thats it. You put that kind of player under center, surround him with good talent and a coach with a clue and youll win a ton of ballgames for a long time. Chasing picks, overreaching and doing things like cashing in a whole draft for one player (saw THAT mentioned today) is a fool's errand.

I agree & disagree.

Yes, I believe that you can't chase picks and overreach for a franchise QB. I didn't see any worth it this year.

I totally disagree with the good QB theory. I could care less if the Bills win 10 games a year for the next 10 years and never sniff the Super Bowl-that's what your good QB gets you. I want the team to win the Super Bowl. 8 of the last 10 Super Bowl winners were QB'd by a franchise QB, 9 if you count Eli Manning. Even the majority of Super Bowl losers the past decade were QB'd by a franchise QB. You don't reach, but you also don't stay satisfied with Fitzpatrick for the next decade either.

We will need a franchise QB sooner or later if we want to get in & win a Super Bowl. Good QBs make the playoffs & exit early. Great QBs win championships.

Here is a list of QBs who went to the super bowl in last 10 years

Brady -4

warner -2

Ben - 3

brees- 1

Rodgers - 1

Grossman - 1

e. manning - 1

p. manning -2

delhomme- 1

mcnabb -1

I read that list and think you do need a franchise QB. Funny how NFL Gm continue to say that too.