Anyone Else Hear Jerry Sullivan on WGR Monday?

sven233

Pretty sure that is consistent with what everyone is saying. Newton, Dareus, or Miller, probably in that order. Don't think Gabbert is relevant to your story.

The Order is right. Gabbert is not relevant. From what I heard, I don't even think they believe he can play NFL Football...

Riddle me this, Batman. If the first two picks are not QBs do they know who they are taking?

Answer: Yes.

It can only mean one of two things:

1. That one or two QBs are in Nix' top three and obviously Nix could pick his favorite QB if no 1 & 2 are not QBs.

OR;

2. That there are no QBs in his Nix three and Nix would pick the leftover.

Possible Bills top three with no QB in the three.

Assuming Darues and Miller are one and two. Peterson, Green, Smith, Jordan, Quinn, Fairley, Bowers, etc would be the third.....most of these are defense are easily available in a trade down. Who knows maybe he really likes Mark Ingram.

The top five players are Newton, Dareus, Miller, Peterson and Green. Nobody has Gabbert in that mix. I think Nix was alluding to the idea that if Newton were available at 3 he would take him, but he doesn't think that will happen. At the end of the day I think he is thinking along the Dareus or Von Miller lines. I don't see him going for Peterson or Green and I don't see him doing a "reach" for Gabbert.

I don't believe there's anything to this. The claim of the OP is this:

1. Buddy Nix was asked days before the draft a question that meant "is a QB the top pick on your board?"

2a. He was asked this Q by a reporter

2b. He was neither told nor asked to keep this info off the record

3. He answered truthfully, saying yes

Reacting to the above if it were true: I hope we don't take a QB with our first pick, though if Dareus and Fairley were gone, I could live with it. We do need a franchase QB, and Newton could be the savior of the Bills in the long run. I understand the Bills wanting to take a shot if they think Cam can get up to speed enough to start winnning by year 2. He certainly has the physical tools to be great.

The top five players are Newton, Dareus, Miller, Peterson and Green. Nobody has Gabbert in that mix. I think Nix was alluding to the idea that if Newton were available at 3 he would take him, but he doesn't think that will happen. At the end of the day I think he is thinking along the Dareus or Von Miller lines. I don't see him going for Peterson or Green and I don't see him doing a "reach" for Gabbert.

This.

I don't know how or why Gabbert even found his way into this thread.

If neither of the top two picks is a quarterback, we'll be drafting Cam Newton. End of story. There's really no other way to interpret Nix's answer.

The top five players on most lists don't include Newton either. Everyone is just assuming Carolina will take Newton at 1 - that's not the same as him being a top-five player. Most of what I've heard is the other four are the "top four".

Gabbert is listed higher than Newton on most lists. Quinn (who scares the hell out of me) and Prince Amukamara are in the next batch along with Julio Jones and Bowers.

The top five players on most lists don't include Newton either. Everyone is just assuming Carolina will take Newton at 1 - that's not the same as him being a top-five player. Most of what I've heard is the other four are the "top four".

Gabbert is listed higher than Newton on most lists. Quinn (who scares the hell out of me) and Prince Amukamara are in the next batch along with Julio Jones and Bowers.

Don't believe it. As I said previously, with new NFL rules where QBs are off limits, Newton's talents are a game changer. I think a lot of teams who like him tried like heck to downgrade him using their "anonymous" team officials giving poor reports to the NFL draft experts. Hoping that he'd fall to them.

A Newton and Gailey pairing would be something special.