Adam Schefter: Denver is taking Miller at 2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned if the Bills pick Miller or Dareus it's a winner either way.

agreed, although as long as the top 3 are Darius-Von Miller Peterson and the bills draft any one of those it would be a win for Buffalo.

In my view I don't see Denver taking Miller, they need a DT more then a LB, more specifically with a 4-3 defense they need a run stopper more then a pass rusher. but then if Darius is gone, then I can see them talking Miller....or Peterson

Shefters last words are no matter who Carolina and Denver take, if Cam Newton is there at 3 Buffalo will take him....:doh:

Like last year, it almost seems fitting this team would take a player in an area they don't really have a need and one who will sit on the bench next to McCargo Spiller and Maybin :bag:

Best case scenario is if we take Dareus at #3 then at #34 we go OLB/DE Brooks Reed or Justin Houston...

If we go Von Miller #3 then at #34 we go DE/DT M Austin, P Taylor or Paea....

Id sign on to either one of these scenario`s right now.. Instant upgrades for our defense

Best case scenario is that Newton goes #1, either Miller or Dareus goes #2. and then Cincy or someone else gets so afraid we waste the #3 on Gabbeet they trade us extra picks to move down (actually Gabbert can go #1 and a run is created for QB so bidders trade up with us to guarantee one of the two QBs. It does not matter as both are at least 1 and more likely 2 year projects before they would contribute if we picked them.

The Bills MUST trade down and get an extra first three round pick or 2 in order to be adequate this year.

DL- We need stout DE who helps us control the DL in order to become adequate.

OLB- We need a pass rushing LB to pressure in the 3-4 who is flexible enough to play the pass and collapse the pocket to become adequate.

RT- We need a starting RT to become adequate

OL- We are a young team so we need a swing guy to plug in when an OL player gets nicked or is not effective.

We could use a TE who can both catch reasonably and block reasonably (he need not be a goto guy on either skill but he should not be a negative- my sense it will take a couple of years to train someone on the roster or train a rookie to play this role, In fact. I think we are more effective if we do not worry about a TE and instead have 3 WRs as our base O.

As I do not think it is reasonable to count on a starter emerging from picks after the 3rd round, its is gonna be impossible to acquire the 4 players needed for adequacy from 3 picks. We MUST trade down or wait until 2012 for productivity.

That has never been less true than in this draft. There are as many as 15 guys in this class that could come in and compete for a starting job at DE in a 3-4 from day 1 (Dareus, Fairley, Watt, Jordan, Bowers, Clayborn, Heyward, Ballard, Wilkerson, Casey, Bailey, Austin, Paea). There may be 5 or 6 guys that could compete for a starting job at OLB in a 3-4 (Miller, Houston, A. Smith, Kerrigan, Sheard, B. Reed).

Sorry if this sounds like an attack, but I think you've got it backwards if you're basing your first round pick on filling needs this year. It'll almost certainly be easier to get a 3-4 DE in round 2 than a rush OLB.

Based on pure numbers, what you're saying is true. Based on who is projected to be left by the beginning of round 2, I disagree.

Plus, a few of those players you have listed at DE aren't 5 technique guys.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Anyone has to see that Hplarrm has some very valid points. Far easier said than done. If the right trade is there, I don't see Nix turning it down. That being said, the top three picks will all be elite players. Those are very difficult for any NFL GM to turn down.

On another note, very happy if the draft goes #1 Newton #2 Miller. I really like Von Miller, but our biggest need lies at DT/DE. Dareus fills that need impeccably.

Miller or Dareus. We can't lose with either one. The "worse" situation is Dareus and Miller going one and two and then we are "stuck" with Newton. I don't see a bad outcome.

Peterson, Miller, Dareus and Newton.

Two of these guys will be available.

One of them will be a Bill.

SUPER BOWL.

For what it's worth, Schefter spent years in Denver covering the broncos prior to starting with the NFL Network, so if he says they're taking Miller, I think it's pretty much a lock.

I would be a little disappointed. I wanted Miller in our LB core

Or he was given misinformation specifically knowing he would leak it. Believe nothing at this point.

Peterson, Miller, Dareus and Newton.

Two of these guys will be available.

One of them will be a Bill.

SUPER BOWL.

Newton will be garbage

Miller for Buffalo at #3 would be an un-needed luxury. We need to stop the run, not help it to go on. If we get help against the pass it has to be Peterson, I am more and more getting convinced that it Dareus is not there take a sucker for a ride to get Newton or Gabbert and more picks.

Miller is apparently a great player, but his participation in a lawsuit with a potential employer with whom is not yet employed makes me leary of him. I smell troublemaker. Best to stay away from that dude in my view. So, I would be thrilled with Dareus...not so happy with a QB. QB's are about the head.....Newton isn't there...we don't need another Losman, who had a great arm and no head.

Miller for Buffalo at #3 would be an un-needed luxury. We need to stop the run, not help it to go on. If we get help against the pass it has to be Peterson, I am more and more getting convinced that it Dareus is not there take a sucker for a ride to get Newton or Gabbert and more picks.

Un-needed luxury? Tell me again who led the Bills in sacks last year and how many they had?

D'oh yeah, it was the NOSE TACKLE Kyle Williams with 5.5. Moats may develop into a good edge rusher, and Merriman may regain the form he once had, but Miller is a safer bet to be a premier pass rusher in 3 years.