Costanzo's senior bowl

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Guest three3

anyone notice that chan had costanzo at guard in the senior bowl? and that he didn't fare too well at guard?..i'm wondering if he did that to try to get him to slip to the 10-15 range so the bills can swoop in and snag him without having to pay too hefty of a price for the left tackle of the future (the kid is a great pass protector from both the left and right sides)

He played 4 positions on the line during the Senior Bowl: LT, LG, RG and RT at least in part due to injuries during the game. I'm sure they wanted to see him at RT anyways...unless the Bills do some trading he's not an option anyways.

Edited by leper65

anyone notice that chan had costanzo at guard in the senior bowl? and that he didn't fare too well at guard?..i'm wondering if he did that to try to get him to slip to the 10-15 range so the bills can swoop in and snag him without having to pay too hefty of a price for the left tackle of the future (the kid is a great pass protector from both the left and right sides)

Interesting though, I suppose anything is possible; but I think no. I really think they are happy with Bell, at least for the time being. The Bills are 2 drafts away from seriously competing. They need LBs, a long term answer at QB, A beefed up D/Line (even if Troupe and Carrington do well this year, we still need depth) and yes, prob even some help at DB since McGee is getting up there. I say they go with Bell for one more year to see if he can really play or not. If they draft a premier LT it will be next year after they have a chance to evaluate Bell. If Bell is a baller, then GREAT, if not, he's certainly a possibility at RT or for OT depth.

Also, the Bills pick at 10. For your scenario to work, they would have to trade down....

Maybe its because Chan knows he isnt very good at T. The only T that looked good in that game was Carpenter, with SHerrod being OK (Carimi sat out the game with injury). Amazing, because those two arent considered the top Ts, people brushed off their performances with comments like "Carpenter had a realy good game, which suprised me, because he is a mid round T" - Mike Mayock. Meanwhile, Cozstanzo and Solder played like poopie and get comments like "Coztanso and Solder had pretty rough days, but thats ok, because they are still 1st round picks" - Mike Mayock

Typical fitting a performance into the round you want the guy to go in. If there were honest assessments of that game neither Solder or Coztansa would get 1st round grades.

Edited by Thoner7

Maybe its because Chan knows he isnt very good at T. The only T that looked good in that game was Carpenter, with SHerrod being OK (Carimi sat out the game with injury). Amazing, because those two arent considered the top Ts, people brushed off their performances with comments like "Carpenter had a realy good game, which suprised me, because he is a mid round T" - Mike Mayock. Meanwhile, Cozstanzo and Solder played like poopie and get comments like "Coztanso and Solder had pretty rough days, but thats ok, because they are still 1st round picks" - Mike Mayock

Typical fitting a performance into the round you want the guy to go in. If there were honest assessments of that game neither Solder or Coztansa would get 1st round grades.

Lee Ziemba (Auburn) looked good in the Senior Bowl at RT. He could be a nice get with one of the Bills 4th round picks. He also looked good at LT in the BCS championship game against Oregon.

Lee Ziemba (Auburn) looked good in the Senior Bowl at RT. He could be a nice get with one of the Bills 4th round picks. He also looked good at LT in the BCS championship game against Oregon.

Agreed, I like Ziemba. Forgot about him in that game though. IIRC the main reason the North stunk is because their OL was getting blown up all day. The South didnt have any superstars on the DL and the Ds arent even allowed to blitz. Costanza and Solder are just bad.

Maybe but we aint trading back and he wont be there at 34 so it really doesn't matter.

No, in fact I didn't. Anthony Costanzo was part of the NORTH squad, which was coached by Marvelous Marvin Lewis - he's the HC of the Bengals.