Bills could just drop back one spot by forcing Cincy to move up

Scrappy

The Bills can actually take their time instead of running a card up 9 seconds into their turn. They might be able to force Cincy to give up their 2nd round pick this year to move up one spot for a QB they covet. It would be a brilliant positional play that would allow the Bills to draft the best defensive player in the 4th slot while making it look like they have a higher trade partner waiting but not giving up a cherry spot in the 2nd round that Cincy holds.

They give you time to choose your player Buddy use that time to work the phones & bluff if available. You'd be suprised by how hard someone can bite if something is served just right.

Edited by Scrappy

I like it.

But it only works if Nix & Co don't want to draft the QB that they see on the board, themselves.

Agreed but there is a clock for a reason & it gives you a chance to make a deal. Buddy "talking" with another club on his cell & a underling on the phone asking Cincy if they want to move up for QB or not might fly, these things do work.

The Bengals also have a need a wideout. AJ Green and whomever they select with their second rounder would probably be better for them than just that one pick.

Not if it's someone they consider a franchise QB, Palmer is a goner so who throws the rock to AJ ?

Edited by Scrappy

Wouldn't Cinci just trade with Denver since Nix has expressed interest in both of the QBs? I really don't think a trade will happen though.

I don't either. But if they trade with denver, Dareus should be there, unless Carolina takes him. Win win for us, that is if Dareus is the guy nix wants.

I don't see the reasoning in telling Cinci that we're talking to other teams who want to trade up for gabbert, we can just them we're gonna take him. Makes more sense to me

I don't either. But if they trade with denver, Dareus should be there, unless Carolina takes him. Win win for us, that is if Dareus is the guy nix wants.

I don't see the reasoning in telling Cinci that we're talking to other teams who want to trade up for gabbert, we can just them we're gonna take him. Makes more sense to me

You want to play poker sometime?

Wouldn't Cinci just trade with Denver since Nix has expressed interest in both of the QBs? I really don't think a trade will happen though.

The chart value is 800 points for moving 2 spots from 4th to 2nd, 400 to move from 4th to 3rd. So there is a closer value for Cincy making this with us, which helps justify the move for both teams.

Draft chart link:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Edited by Scrappy

The chart value is 800 points for moving 2 spots from 4th to 2nd, 400 to move from 4th to 3rd. So there is a closer value for Cincy making this with us, which helps justify the move for both teams.

Draft chart link:

http://www.draftcoun...Value-Chart.php

The problem with that if I'm cinci: What if the Bills, who havent had a good QB in 15 years, really want Gabbert and won't make the trade. Trading with Denver guarantees they get their man. Trading with us, if they REALLY want him bad, isn't a smart move.

The latest news has Cinci wanting the wideout at 4 and hoping a qb lasts to 35 for them. If anything if we're not sold on the QBs at 34 we could get them over a barrel then....

There more smoke this time of year than all the fires combined. I'd probably spend more time working the phones for deals come draft day than last season sprint to the podium. It may have been the quickest decision in the draft last year, check your options.

There more smoke this time of year than all the fires combined. I'd probably spend more time working the phones for deals come draft day than last season sprint to the podium. It may have been the quickest decision in the draft last year, check your options.

I agree completely, but don't be pissed if we don't get the value as indicated by the draft value chart :)

I agree completely, but don't be pissed if we don't get the value as indicated by the draft value chart :)

As admitted by my trade props, Cincy gets value either way but it makes no sense for us not to do it if they want a QB & we are playing defense. This all looks to be the case.