The All Over Rated Team

Thailog80

Todd....I agree :D

Actually, do you think that Wiley is better than Denny or Kelsay?  Forget the cap number...who would you rather have?

161828[/snapback]

Nope. His career is over. :lol:

I would hate to hear the obit page about his kids dying cuz they got nothing to eat!

:lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.  His career is over.    :lol:

I would hate to hear the obit page about his kids dying cuz they got nothing to eat!

:lol:

162329[/snapback]

All I see is some nice maneuvers to get rid of dead weight prima donna's. Brown made my stomach turn everytime he made the pro bowl. Peerless had gator arms and Wiley was all fluff. Good job TD :D

Exactly....unitl we see improvement next year, it is hard to state the TD or MM are amazing.  I look at San Diego, and I see AJ Smith who could have been our GM.

162115[/snapback]

Give me a friggin break. Do you remember the #1 pick in the draft last year? Do you remember how they got it? By SUCKING! And the whole eli manning debacle? Do you realize how much they gave up just for that QB?

Get real, steven. You are completely obsessed with ex-Bills.

I bet he parlays either Rivers or Brees into something..similar to TD parlaying Peerless.  Last year was on Bulters short watch.  I always thought we should have hired AJ, but Butler convinced him to go to SD, a team that will be competitive for years to come.

162121[/snapback]

You are delusional. San Diego gave up an incredible draft value just for one guy, and he's not even playing or a part of their success! What a waste! Do you really think anyone else would have done as well as Donahoe? Seriously, your benchmark for comparison - the Chargers - has suffered some very, very poor seasons and some horrible personnel moves. Do you realize how much they paid for Wiley - who completely sucks and isn't even on the team? Wow. Great evaluation there. And obviously they totally missed on evaluating Brees, because they wasted incredible value on his replacement.

You have got to be insane to think that the Charger organization is in better shape than Buffalo's.

I was never one of the ones calling for TD's head, though I had my doubts about some of his moves.  But stuff like this confirms that guys like me, anyway, don't know enough to make meaningful comments.

Wiley, fir instance--I was distressed when the Bills let him get away.  I figured he was just coming into his own as a DE, after three years, and would be a solid performer if not a star.  I guess San Diego and Dalls thought so too,  Boy were we wrong.  TD was right.

Same with Cowart, whom I also waqs distressed to see go.

I was never a huge Peerless Price fan, so that one didn't bother me so much.

The point is, however, that building and managing a team is a complex business that involves a dozen different skills--drafting, talent evaluation, cap management, hiring coaches, etc. etc.  I could question other TD moves--I thought he was cavalier about how hard it is to get a first rate FG kicker, and I never was a Gregg Williams man--but the fact is, TD is a solid general manager and perhaps much better than solid.  He will take chances and sometimes they don't work out, but he's shrewd and steady and it seems to finally be paying off.

In fact, the one bad mistake he made with the Bills was to hire GW.  Subtract that one and it's hard to reasonably fault him on other decisions, even when they haven't worked out.  And even that decision can be seen as his rolling the dice on a first-rate successful defensive coordinatior with the hope that he might pay off big, rather than hiring some retread head coach who was a known quantity.  He did the same thing with M Mularkey, which considering the result with GW is an amazingly ballsy move.  Yet on this one it seems to be paying off.

I think a lot of people on the board owe TD some kudos, and some slack.  Though there's still a long way to go with this team.

162019[/snapback]

I don't think I could have said it any better myself!!!