I hope the Dolphins get Saban

Mikie2times

While Saban is a great college coach, and could become a good NFL coach, in recent years college coaches have bombed in the NFL. He is the type of unproven coach that could set them back a few more years.

Anybody know if Saban has any NFL experience? I know he coached at LSU and MSU but thats the extent of my knowledge.

While Saban is a great college coach, and could become a good NFL coach, in recent years college coaches have bombed in the NFL.  He is the type of unproven coach that could set them back a few more years.

Anybody know if Saban has any NFL experience? I know he coached at LSU and MSU but thats the extent of my knowledge.

161808[/snapback]

Wasn't he the DC for Belichek at Cleveland.

mike, no offense...but WAKE UP!

saban and belichick are very close friends. after the patriots won the last SB, Belichick flew directly from the game to Saban's house, where they discussed the next season and football strategy. AFTER WINNING THE SUPERBOWL.

you DON"T want saban coaching the fins, trust me. DO you really want the fins to become another team that just somehow seems to get it done?

then you don't want Saban. Belichick has said that he's learned more from saban than any other coach in his career.

and yes, he was belichick's DC in cleveland...and guess what...they had the #1 and #2 defense on his watch. THey lost because of their offense, primarily.

saban and belichick are very close friends. after the patriots won the last SB, Belichick flew directly from the game to Saban's house, where they discussed the next season and football strategy. AFTER WINNING THE SUPERBOWL.

you DON"T want saban coaching the fins, trust me. DO you really want the fins to become another team that just somehow seems to get it done?

then you don't want Saban. Belichick has said that he's learned more from saban than any other coach in his career.

and yes, he was belichick's DC in cleveland...and guess what...they had the #1 and #2 defense on his watch. THey lost because of their offense, primarily.

161913[/snapback]

I was unaware that he coached as DC in Cleveland, now that I am I retract my original post.

Just like under Jimmy Johnson?  No one knows how a coach is going to fair in the NFL.

162007[/snapback]

No, because him and Belichek are close friends. Anyone who doesn't believe they will gameplan against common opponents are crazy. Look at how many former Tigers Belichek has in NE.

No, because him and Belichek are close friends. Anyone who doesn't believe they will gameplan against common opponents are crazy. Look at how many former Tigers Belichek has in NE.

162043[/snapback]

Thats stevestojan. If you're in the same division you don't help out another team no matter how good of a friend the coach is. Possibly if one was out of the playoffs you might get a little help from the other, but that would just be stupid. I wonder how much Cowher is helping out Mularkey or any other two coaches that used to work together and remain friendly.

While Saban is a great college coach, and could become a good NFL coach, in recent years college coaches have bombed in the NFL.  He is the type of unproven coach that could set them back a few more years.

161808[/snapback]

That's like wishing the Pats would land Antowain Smith. :lol:

Guest Bryan Cox!

161913[/snapback]

:):):lol::D:P;):w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Guest Bryan Cox!
The dolphins will sign Saban and the NFL will take away their first round top 3 pick as punishment for failing to even give token consideration to an inferior black candidate

162659[/snapback]

It's a 500,000 dollar fine and the owner can afford it..... :)