Who is worthy of our second pick in the draft?

1. Gabbert Robert Quinn / LB\DE / North Carolina

2. Nate Solder,Brooks Reed, Kyle Rudolph, Gabe Carimi, Stephen Paea, Marvin Austin, Bruce Carter, Marcus Cannon, Cam Heyward, Martez Wilson.

There, that's better. :thumbsup:

I'm am not sold on Gabbert at all. He seems to have Edwards-like pocket presence. He has a good arm and is a good athlete, but I just don't see him being worthy of our #3. He reminds me alot of David Carr and we all know how that worked out for the Texans.

I cross off Paea because all I know is that he's really strong. I'm not sure he would be a fit @ 3-4 DE and I think it's too early to use a pick on a guy at that position. It almost seems to me like drafting a lesser version of Kyle Williams.

With Cannon I feel like he would be worthy of our 3rd, but not our 2nd. I think he will still be there in the 3rd as well. He's also tough to judge as to whether he projects to RT in the NFL or OG. Granted we will possibly have a need at OG if Urbik doesn't work out, but I think our greater need will be at RT which is where I like Joseph Barksdale in the 3rd or 4th.

I would also add Kelvin Sheppard, Kaepernick, and Dalton to the list of guys I wouldn't be upset over if they were our 2nd Round choice. I do think Sheppard may last until the 3rd though, but I also believe the guy will be a good ILB in this league which is why I wouldn't throw anything at the TV if he were taken.

Edited by H2o

I like the idea of Cameron Jordan in the 1st. I know it's considered a reach by the so-called experts but I think he is going to be a hell of a player and many of the experts that don't work for ESPN seem to think that this guy is the best DL in the draft. If we got Jordan in the 1st and a LB like Wilson or Reed in the 2nd, I would be satisfied if they completed the draft right there. Of course, we have so many other holes to fill that we still would need 15 more picks to actually fill those.

If there ever was a time to trade down a few spots and pick up an additional 2nd, this would be the year. They could still probably get Jordan in the 4-7 range, a LB with the first of the 2nd round picks and still get their QB, Ponder, Mallet or whoever Chan feels would be the best fit for his offense, with the second 2nd rounder.

The 3rd round should be a corner or safety, whichever is rated higher on the Bills board at the time. The 4th round picks can go towards the offensive side, TE and OT. The 5th - 7th can go towards LB's, OLinemen and possibly a RB.

Edited by flomoe

I tend to believe the Bills are inclined to used their 2nd round draft choice on a QB (hopefully Mallet). By no means do I claim to be a draft guru, but if you look at tape of previous QBs at the collegiate level there is absolutely no reason to believe this guy will not succeed in the NFL. However, I do realize that he has personality issues, and their are some concerns over drug use that must be examined before even considering him as our pick. I truly believe that the first round pick will be either Von Miller, or Robert Quinn...yes I said it. With our second round choice there are so many directions we can go in. Phil Taylor, who many people were salivating over during senior bowl week, has seen his stock drop immensely because of knee issues. This guy is a stud and would be worth taking a look at. Imagine grabbing Robert Quinn/ Phil Taylor in first two rounds? You cannot tell me that our defensive side would not be greatly improved, especially penetration wise (which is undeniably our biggest issue). Ultimately, there are many other notable options at our number 2 pick. Please share your opinion on what direction the Bills will go in the second round, but I am also curious to see who you believe our first rounder will be on as well.

Yuck, and more Yuck! I guess I'm sort of a draft guru as it's my big hobby and I set up my own war room and have charts, graphs, best player available board etc....not to mention Bills logos and everything to give it the info and decor to give it the credability I seek when simualting

the actual Bills war room. It's geeky fun that I am obsessed with...it doesn't make me better or as thorough as the Bills, but one thing I know is this: That if the Bills would've stuck to my board vice theirs..we would be a lot better off than we are now! IE: Clay Matthews, H. Ngata, Bryan Orakapo, etc......the one likely bust I would've picked last year in the 2nd round would've been J. Claussen so I messed up there! QB is often hard to accurately identify. C.J. Spiller last year was a head scratcher!

Anyways, there are at least two red flags leaping out at you about Mallet..probably 3+ The first being that their is some sort of connection between R. Mallet and drug usage which he had the opportunity to deny at a press conference and instead refused to address the subject, which pretty much would implicate him to some degree in my mind. I know that people rarely refuse to talk when something alledged is false!

Secondly, he has some personality flaws that are whispered about...And it always shows in leadership abilities which I have heard he lacks in. That is one of the biggest flaws to overcome as a QB! I tried to overlook that with Jimmy Claussen and wasted a valuable pick for that very reason in last years mock. Ryan Mallet can throw with great zip and has a good arm, but he is lacking a complete game and his stock actually dropped consistently through the 2010 college football season.

Long story short: I don't want the Bills to draft Ryan Mallet! I'm not sold on expending a 1st round pick on Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert neither.

After extensive studying I believe are best bet is to draft Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd round and followup in the 4th or 5th round with drafting Ricky Stanzi. I think both of those QB's have great upside and potential! I think the Bills should primarily shore up the run game with a DT, draft 2 LB's, draft 2 QB's, draft a TE, add a OT, DE, and one CB for depth. We have enough holes that we probably wish we had about 12 picks! (at least..lol) so I really think the Bills will give strong consideration of moving down slightly in the first round if we can pick up an extra 2nd round pick!

The other yuck yuck is Robert Quinn! Not only did Robert Quinn miss the entire 2010 season due to a violation regarding his dealing with agents, but he lacks the ability to adequately play against both the pass and the run which is essential! He is a one trick pony that is very good at getting to the QB, but may be less likely to seize the moment and do the same in the NFL! I definitely don't need players with both questions as to rather they possess the skillset necessary to succeed and the moral ethics to stay out of trouble!

Yuck, and more Yuck! I guess I'm sort of a draft guru as it's my big hobby and I set up my own war room and have charts, graphs, best player available board etc....not to mention Bills logos and everything to give it the info and decor to give it the credability I seek when simualting

the actual Bills war room. It's geeky fun that I am obsessed with...it doesn't make me better or as thorough as the Bills, but one thing I know is this: That if the Bills would've stuck to my board vice theirs..we would be a lot better off than we are now! IE: Clay Matthews, H. Ngata, Bryan Orakapo, etc......the one likely bust I would've picked last year in the 2nd round would've been J. Claussen so I messed up there! QB is often hard to accurately identify. C.J. Spiller last year was a head scratcher!

Anyways, there are at least two red flags leaping out at you about Mallet..probably 3+ The first being that their is some sort of connection between R. Mallet and drug usage which he had the opportunity to deny at a press conference and instead refused to address the subject, which pretty much would implicate him to some degree in my mind. I know that people rarely refuse to talk when something alledged is false!

Secondly, he has some personality flaws that are whispered about...And it always shows in leadership abilities which I have heard he lacks in. That is one of the biggest flaws to overcome as a QB! I tried to overlook that with Jimmy Claussen and wasted a valuable pick for that very reason in last years mock. Ryan Mallet can throw with great zip and has a good arm, but he is lacking a complete game and his stock actually dropped consistently through the 2010 college football season.

Long story short: I don't want the Bills to draft Ryan Mallet! I'm not sold on expending a 1st round pick on Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert neither.

After extensive studying I believe are best bet is to draft Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd round and followup in the 4th or 5th round with drafting Ricky Stanzi. I think both of those QB's have great upside and potential! I think the Bills should primarily shore up the run game with a DT, draft 2 LB's, draft 2 QB's, draft a TE, add a OT, DE, and one CB for depth. We have enough holes that we probably wish we had about 12 picks! (at least..lol) so I really think the Bills will give strong consideration of moving down slightly in the first round if we can pick up an extra 2nd round pick!

The other yuck yuck is Robert Quinn! Not only did Robert Quinn miss the entire 2010 season due to a violation regarding his dealing with agents, but he lacks the ability to adequately play against both the pass and the run which is essential! He is a one trick pony that is very good at getting to the QB, but may be less likely to seize the moment and do the same in the NFL! I definitely don't need players with both questions as to rather they possess the skillset necessary to succeed and the moral ethics to stay out of trouble!

I'm curious who you have on your board if we slide down in the first? If they don't, who then is on your board?

Edited by Little Buffalo

I tend to believe the Bills are inclined to used their 2nd round draft choice on a QB (hopefully Mallet). By no means do I claim to be a draft guru, but if you look at tape of previous QBs at the collegiate level there is absolutely no reason to believe this guy will not succeed in the NFL. However, I do realize that he has personality issues, and their are some concerns over drug use that must be examined before even considering him as our pick. I truly believe that the first round pick will be either Von Miller, or Robert Quinn...yes I said it. With our second round choice there are so many directions we can go in. Phil Taylor, who many people were salivating over during senior bowl week, has seen his stock drop immensely because of knee issues. This guy is a stud and would be worth taking a look at. Imagine grabbing Robert Quinn/ Phil Taylor in first two rounds? You cannot tell me that our defensive side would not be greatly improved, especially penetration wise (which is undeniably our biggest issue). Ultimately, there are many other notable options at our number 2 pick. Please share your opinion on what direction the Bills will go in the second round, but I am also curious to see who you believe our first rounder will be on as well.

Ryan Mallet is this draft's Ryan Leaf.

Mallet??? Never with the second pick. He runs like he has 100lb weights strapped to his legs

just saw on TV a QB accuracy competition.....Mallet won it......locker second, dalton third.....only caught the tail end , don't know who else was in it....but mallet has a rocket for an arm.

Robert Quinn is what you define as an athletic freak my friend. His job is to get after the QB, which is something I do not think you can possibly loose with a year off of football. He seemed to erase all the questions people had about him during the combine and his pro day. His numbers were simply scary at his pro day, and he most definitely justified himself as a top 10 pick. I'd even go as far as top 7, if the Bills do not take him obviously. I like Von Miller's production in college, I really do. However, just based on one year of football and from a pure athleticism standpoint I would be more than willing to use our #3 pick on Quinn over Miller (just ask Mike Mayock, who is easily one of the most respectable NFL analysts out there).

There is absolutely no doubt Mallet has the best arm in this draft. Not only does he have a cannon, but he also displays pinpoint accuracy. There are questions about his decision-making, which I believe will only improve with more experience, and under the teaching of an offensive mastermind (CHAN GAILEY). I do not want people to think I am a Mallet homer, but I can comfortably go out on a limb right now and say that I believe he will be the best QB to come out of this draft. Take it or leave it...

I will also say that I am a firm 'BILL'IEVER that Cam Newton will turn out to be a stud.

just saw on TV a QB accuracy competition.....Mallet won it......locker second, dalton third.....only caught the tail end , don't know who else was in it....but mallet has a rocket for an arm.

New England - from Oakland (8-8)

San Diego (9-7)

New York Giants (10-6)

Kansas City* (10-6)

Philadelphia* (10-6)

New Orleans* (11-5)

Baltimore* (12-4)

Atlanta* (13-3)

New England* (14-2)

New York Jets* (11-5)

Pittsburgh* (12-4)

Green Bay* (10-6)

And NE again

Phil Taylor won't last till our second.

I could see a couple DL(Heyward, Clayborn, Austin), OL(Pouncy, Sherrod, Cannon, Carpenter), and LBs (Wilson, Houston, Reed) being available. Rudolph could be the pick too but Chan doesnt have a history with using TEs so maybe not. I don't think QB will be the pick. That is simply because Chan does like Fitz and I dont see how any of these guys could be an upgrade as early as 2012 (when Fitz contract is up). I see it as adding a backup QB v adding a starting DL or OL player. I choose starting DL/OL, and I bet Chan/Nix do to because they need to compete sooner rather than later. It will prob be some guy we have never heard though.

Could not be more happy with the DL, or any of the other players you named to be honest. I know Phil Taylor has a first round grade, but it has been dropping as of late. I love Austin, Heyward, and Clayborn. I think you are absolutely correct on your assessment that the Bills may use their second pick on the offensive live as well. However, Pouncey is projected as a guard, and the rest of the players you named seem to be developmental prospects in the eyes of many. As for the linebackers... I'm simply not crazy on any of them besides Bruce Carter from UNC for this years draft. Then again, this is all based off my opinion vs. yours but I do think you raise some valuable points.

If the Bills are thinking about picking a QB with our second round pick if he is still there (which i think he will be gone long before) i would go with Andy Dalton based on the guys resume !!

The kids college stats & winning percentage dwarfs just about all of the others in this draft class other than say the kid from Boise state (but that's another story)

Go and look at how this guys football history has progressed through out college if your not the slightest bit impressed there is some thing wrong . The kids freshman year comp. percentage was 58.9 & just went up from there along with every thing else.

I like Mallets arm & think he is talented , but there are many more questions surrounding him & Dalton seems to be much more sound in his past performance on & off the field !!

I LOVE DALTON AND COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE! This man deserves more hype then he has been getting. He is a pure winner and leader.

Ryan Mallet is this draft's Ryan Leaf.

Ryan Mallet does not have close to the hype that Leaf had when he was coming out. He is also a very different prospect than Leaf. The questions surrounding Leaf and Mallet are not even close to being similar. Would be nice if you could clarify how Mallet could possibly be this years Leaf. Thanks.

I just posted like 6 times in 10 minutes! I'll check back at this thread later... I love the discussion!

Mallet??? Never with the second pick. He runs like he has 100lb weights strapped to his legs

I'm sorry to comment yet again. But this post didn't sit well with me at all. Do you really want to get in an argument over QB's with "100lb weights strapped to their legs" and their success rate? That's an uneducated post, and should not deter any team from drafting a QB. That is all.