Donald Trump is Hardcore

You are correct on a few accounts, maybe a bit of an exagerration on others but for the most part you're near the ballpark.

Trump is a cunning individual who calculates everything, he knows that the populist rhetoric regarding China and OPEC resonates with the American public and he also knows that the birther deal connects with a segment of the GOP voters which plays well for the primaries...

It sort of reminds me of the current president, their campaign was mainly about two things "Bush Bad" and "Hope and Change". Look at all the suckers who bought into that slogan.

There was no change and the hope? well... I think most rational thinking people understand that hope is not a good strategy, and alot of us knew that he was way in over his head before he even stepped into office.

In recent times, most Presidents are in over their heads when they get in. The only Presidents who weren't were the last two who served as VPs-GHW Bush & Nixon. People hate the guy, but Nixon was one of the most qualified Presidents going into office.

Once one gets into the oval office, their whole perspective changes. They are given information that as a candidate, they never could have dreamed of.

Anyone who votes for a President without the realization that he cannot change things as much as he's saying he will is being very naive.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In recent times, most Presidents are in over their heads when they get in. The only Presidents who weren't were the last two who served as VPs-GHW Bush & Nixon. People hate the guy, but Nixon was one of the most qualified Presidents going into office.

Once one gets into the oval office, their whole perspective changes. They are given information that as a candidate, they never could have dreamed of.

Anyone who votes for a President without the realization that he cannot change things as much as he's saying he will is being very naive.

On the other hand, running on a "I don't know until I'm in office" is a sure way to lose.

Obama's biggest problem was that he was too specific, e.g. "I'm going to close Gitmo! I'm going to end the Iraq war!" Yes, he had to make promises to win...but he backed himself into a corner when his intellectual idealism clashed with practical reality.

so what are you saying... being a community organizer isn't the same as being president?! haha...

You're so far off base here, you're not even in the stadium.

Trump is acting like a fool because he thinks he's smarter than anyone else & believes the Republican primary voters are dumb-so he's taking on an issue that too many of them falsely believe in.

First to address your 1st statement. The story is a non story because his step grandmother was interviewed through a translator and later in the interview KEPT TELLING THE INTERVIEWER THAT THE INTERPRETER GOT IT WRONG AND HE WAS BORN IN HAWAII. She repeated this multiple times, but Trump prefers to use the "edited version" of the interview rather than the entire interview-a common practice among dishonest politicians.

http://blackhistory.com/cgi-bin/blog.cgi?blog_id=200413&cid=10

I don't know how old you are, but in most cases, you can't get an original copy of your birth certificate if it was long ago. I, like Trump, was born in NYC. When I was a teenager, my parents gave me a copy that looks just like the one Trump produced of his own with signatures etc. However, back in the 1950s they didn't have official stamps on the birth certificates & last year I was worried whether it was good enough for official things. So I sent away to NYC to get one that I thought would be more official looking & guess what- they sent me one that looks nothing like the original. it looks a lot like the one that Obama has produced. The birthers don't understand the fact that there are so many people born, that the original documents just aren't available, they have long ago transferred files to computers & will only give you what Obama has produced.

Trump is being totally ignorant-not everyone has a copy of their original birth certificate. The more broken up your family is and the more they move, the less likely your parents will give you a copy. Good for Donald he came from a complete family-many Americans can't say the same thing & never were given their birth certificate.

Trump outright lies about there being no serial # on the birth certificate Obama has produced, it is just redacted in the version presented.

Finally, the birthers ignore the fact that Obama's Hawaiian birth was reported in a local paper based on hospital records. Since Obama would be a citizen even if he was born outside the USA, the only possible reason why anyone would falsely put a birth announcement, with the hospital's consent, in the newspaper is that the week of his birth, they decided he would need to falsify his birth place to be eligible for the presidency. This is ridiculous thinking & has to be in the tinfoil hat category.

Trump is a snakeoil salesman with this birther stuff & to even give his talk any credibility mean you're at least considering buying some snake oil-WAKE UP!

Finally! Thank you for being the one guy to answer the question.