How good are you at sports!!!!!

Not very.....lol

Actually, I was 8-3 on the mound in our spring softball season, more Ks than walks on the season (5-4, pretty good, even in co-ed!!) and I did my Rod Carew impressing by hitting .590 for the year on virtually all singles.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the finest teachers in North America are at Gray Rocks, the staff is level III and above, we have been there 6 times, sometimes with kids and sometimes without. Dpending on the exchange rate, it can be a relatively inexpensive vacation for the whole family, with a lot of great skiing.

161697[/snapback]

I have never skied Gray Rocks... Is that Mt. Tremblant? I have been to Mt. Ste Anne back in the 80's... I real nice trip... Stayed in the old part of Quebec City.

??

They have a distinct advantage over regular instructors in that they have a captive audience for 5 days, two times each day, each person gets excercises that benefit them, and the instructor is able to build confidence slowly because he has such a long period of time. Best money spent for beginners to intermediates, and even I take away stuff that I will use in classes when I teach.

161816[/snapback]

Exactly... The key is the extended days... Especially with little kids... You can have them skiing independently within those five days strung together. It is amazing to see kids barely able to walk ski... That's the time to get 'em.

Last year my son was 5 and it all seemed to come together on the extended trips. Positive ski experience leads to greater confidence.

Right now, I build and give them as much slide time as possible... Even if it means going out in the backyard.

That is why I miss a town like Buffalo... Decent size, ample snow, areas within an hours drive.

Live in Atlanta, but still manage to get 15 or so days in a year (travel perks of the job.  :lol: )...although I'm on a snowboard now instead of being a two planker.

I don't mind paying the money for a lift tick to a big resort, whih can be anywhere from $35 off season to $75 at the holidays. What I do have a problem with is the resorts that mismanage their crowds, so that I can only get a half dozen runs in a day....and I'm a first chair to last chair guy.

161844[/snapback]

Cool... Awesome for being in Alanta!

Sometimes it isn't as bad at the smaller, less vertical areas... Yes, you are up and down but, you can get a lot of reps in.

I think the high speed detaches have really aided in crontolling flow better.

i was good in football and basketball up until i was 19-20 then the weed diminished all aspirations, little league baseball took the steam outta me as far as that sport goes when i was 12 (16 at bats, 8 strikeouts...call me barry) and had no interest in playin anything else and bein from my neighborhood i never even picked up a hockey stick since your not gonna find a hockey rink anywhere around me, just a f'ed up gym and roosevelt park

I was a good soccer player and pretty good at tennis.

Played some college soccer before I blew my knee out.

Played hockey during HS, never was that good, and currently my golf game shows very little resemblence to the real game.

Sorry R. Rich... This was meant for VA, right above you... :lol:

161693[/snapback]

That I didn't mention. But yeah I don't miss the v ring very often on the range. I don't consider that sport. It's too much like fun, imagining your worst enemies left ball hanging from the taget in the v ring and plinking it, over and over. :lol:

That I didn't mention.  But yeah I don't miss the v ring very often on the range.  I don't consider that sport.  It's too much like fun, imagining your worst enemies left ball hanging from the taget in the v ring and plinking it, over and over.  :lol:

162124[/snapback]

I always knew you were disturbed. That pretty much confirms it. Takes a special guy to want to see another dude's scrotum hanging.

Nice try.

162158[/snapback]

Sorry nice try on your part. I caught you, you SOB. Payback MF. :lol: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: