They Boo'd McNabb

On Draft night....

I hear soo many people saying how dissapointed they would be if the Bills draft Cam Newton....

So what.....because if he pans out the same people that probably boo'd that night became his biggest fans....

Do i wish i was in the war room and actually had a say? of course.... but i believe whomever we draft this year will make a positive impact within the first 2 years

On Draft night....

I hear soo many people saying how dissapointed they would be if the Bills draft Cam Newton....

So what.....because if he pans out the same people that probably boo'd that night became his biggest fans....

Do i wish i was in the war room and actually had a say? of course.... but i believe whomever we draft this year will make a positive impact within the first 2 years

One thing about getting Newton is that after getting taken to the woodshed by the NFL "experts", we could potentially be getting an impactful player with a humongous chip on his shoulder. Kind of like what Thurman Thomas had, but of course with much differing reasons.

I'm torn in regards to picking Newton on account of not knowing what's fact and what's fiction on him.

One thing about getting Newton is that after getting taken to the woodshed by the NFL "experts", we could potentially be getting an impactful player with a humongous chip on his shoulder. Kind of like what Thurman Thomas had, but of course with much differing reasons.

I'm torn in regards to picking Newton on account of not knowing what's fact and what's fiction on him.

I wonder if Cam has that kind of motivation. Cam strikes me as a guy who has had his butt kissed at every level. Thurman always saw himself as disrespected. I also don't see Cam feeling at home in Buffalo. Not a sexy enough place for a player of his talent and prestige. He also might not like starting behind Fitz and Chan treating him like he has a ways to go. Cam might be great in NFL but somehow I don't believe Buffalo is the place for him.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I wonder if Cam has that kind of motivation. Cam strikes me as a guy who has had his butt kissed at every level. Thurman always saw himself as disrespected. I also don't see Cam feeling at home in Buffalo. Not a sexy enough place for a player of his talent and prestige. He also might not like starting behind Fitz and Chan treating him like he has a ways to go. Cam might be great in NFL but somehow I don't believe Buffalo is the place for him.

PTR

I have those concerns as well. I can't even imagine the high drama before our pick if the Panthers don't take this guy.

...and Mike Schmidt.

I actually like Philly a lot, as a city. But their sports fans are complete botards.

They booed (with an "ed" you rubes) Santa because that Santa had his black-haired unshaven hair showing uder his off-center white beard and you only notices that after seeing his dirty Santa suit. They were booing one of the worst Santas ever trotted out before an audience. And it was earned: I've seen the footage.

Booing the fact that the Eagles didn't take Ricky Williams was poorly done but the fans here are excellent. Bills fans booed Kelly more than once and called for his benching plenty of times. We are no party ourselves...and god forbid anyone say one bad thing about a Buffalo team.

McNabb was never that great of a QB. He's only surpassed 20+ TDs 5 times in his 12 years of playing. McNabb is and was the most overrated QB.

So why are you comparing McNabb to Newton? Cuz they're both African American QBs? :thumbdown:

Rush???

But, yeah, you're right. At the least, the most overrated QB of his time. I remember people here saying they'd have him over Kurt Warner a while back and thought that was hilarious.

On Draft night....

the fans booed the pick more then McNabb himself, everyone in Philly wanted Ricky Williams

and no the same fans never became his biggest fans because McNabb was never a fan favorite in Philly

Edited by Max997

Rush???

But, yeah, you're right. At the least, the most overrated QB of his time. I remember people here saying they'd have him over Kurt Warner a while back and thought that was hilarious.

The most overrated??? Really??? Ok, he only led the Eagles to 5 NFC Championship games, 1 Superbowl and went to 6 pro-bowls in his 11 years there. He did this while rarely having any receivers. You gotta be kidding me. And oh yeah, this came from the Eagles when they traded him:

"Donovan McNabb was more than a franchise quarterback for this team," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said. "He truly embodied all of the attributes of a great quarterback and of a great person. He has been an excellent representative of this organization and the entire National Football League both on and off the field. I look forward to honoring him as one of the greatest Eagles of all time and hopefully see him enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton one day."

If you don't want that, then whatever you're smoking has got your brain all messed up. Sorry, not buying the overrated argument. :thumbdown:<_<

Working for CBS Radio here in Philadelphia, I can tell you that the people that booed McNabb, were part of a sports radio promotion put on by WIP 610 AM.

I highly doubt it. Eagle fans boo everyone, and I'm sure they booed McNabb because they were expecting to draft Ricky Williams.

The most overrated??? Really??? Ok, he only led the Eagles to 5 NFC Championship games, 1 Superbowl and went to 6 pro-bowls in his 11 years there. He did this while rarely having any receivers. You gotta be kidding me. And oh yeah, this came from the Eagles when they traded him:

"Donovan McNabb was more than a franchise quarterback for this team," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said. "He truly embodied all of the attributes of a great quarterback and of a great person. He has been an excellent representative of this organization and the entire National Football League both on and off the field. I look forward to honoring him as one of the greatest Eagles of all time and hopefully see him enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton one day."

If you don't want that, then whatever you're smoking has got your brain all messed up. Sorry, not buying the overrated argument. :thumbdown:<_<

He never won the ring and only got there 1 time. He was never the stand out. He had amazing defenses, good WR's and RB's, and did very well with what he had.

He reminds me of Jim Kelly. Always did enough to be counted upon but never enough to be considered the absolute best - the only difference is that McNabb is hyped all of the time. He is playing the same way and style right now that he was in Phili and you can see how far that is getting them.

He never won the ring and only got there 1 time. He was never the stand out. He had amazing defenses, good WR's and RB's, and did very well with what he had.

He reminds me of Jim Kelly. Always did enough to be counted upon but never enough to be considered the absolute best - the only difference is that McNabb is hyped all of the time. He is playing the same way and style right now that he was in Phili and you can see how far that is getting them.

So he reminds you of Jim Kelly, probably the Bills best QB ever, but he's still overrated. And he did it with waaaay less that what Jim Kelly had. Then I guess Jimbo is overrated too. Oh and he has been the definition of a leader and role model in Philly.

Come on dude, if you drafted him first round in your fantasy football league and he didn't get you the points you expected, it's ok for you to be mad at him for that, but to say that he is overrated in REAL football is just absurd.

POW!!!

So he reminds you of Jim Kelly, probably the Bills best QB ever, but he's still overrated. And he did it with waaaay less that what Jim Kelly had. Then I guess Jimbo is overrated too. Oh and he has been the definition of a leader and role model in Philly.

Come on dude, if you drafted him first round in your fantasy football league and he didn't get you the points you expected, it's ok for you to be mad at him for that, but to say that he is overrated in REAL football is just absurd.

POW!!!

In many ways Jim was overrated. He was never the most accurate QB, didn't always make the best decisions, and would just as soon put the whole world on his shoulders and try to move it; and there was a good chance he'd succeed at it, too. I really think his teams were very comparible to the Bills teams of the 90's. McNabb, though, has been plastered as the coverboy for many items and he is a leader and a role model in the public eye. It was a odd twist that they went from such a class act to Vick.

I don't play FF.