Sabres choke

You can add the Versus crew to that group

Actually, I guess I am just grateful to get to see the Sabres in HD, I don't think all the Versus guys are that bad...would rather hear Jeanerette, but they aren't as bad as the Boston or Philly guys, by a long shot, IMO.

Here is the quandry I find myself in, from time to time. I just purchased Center Ice at the end of February, at the reduced price. On Time Warner, they normally give you the choice of watching the home or away broadcast. So, of course I always choose the Buffalo crew. However, on TW, you only get 2 to 4 games in HD every night. When they do show the Sabres game in HD, it is always the opposing teams' broadcast.

Anyone else faced with this decision? Do you go for the hometown broadcast, or the better picture quality? And don't say, "just turn down the sound and get your audio from the GR55 streaming", as they always suggest on GR. The picture and audio are normally about a minute off. I usually sacrifice the picture for the sound...but damn, hockey looks so much better in HD.

Actually, I guess I am just grateful to get to see the Sabres in HD, I don't think all the Versus guys are that bad...would rather hear Jeanerette, but they aren't as bad as the Boston or Philly guys, by a long shot, IMO.

Here is the quandry I find myself in, from time to time. I just purchased Center Ice at the end of February, at the reduced price. On Time Warner, they normally give you the choice of watching the home or away broadcast. So, of course I always choose the Buffalo crew. However, on TW, you only get 2 to 4 games in HD every night. When they do show the Sabres game in HD, it is always the opposing teams' broadcast.

Anyone else faced with this decision? Do you go for the hometown broadcast, or the better picture quality? And don't say, "just turn down the sound and get your audio from the GR55 streaming", as they always suggest on GR. The picture and audio are normally about a minute off. I usually sacrifice the picture for the sound...but damn, hockey looks so much better in HD.

You can pause the action on the TV to allow the sound from the audio to catch up. I usually synch it to a whistle for maximum accuracy (pause the TV when you hear the whistle then unpause it when you hear the same whistle on the streaming audio then mute the tv). Anal, I know, but definitely need the HD and the opposing broadcast is usually very annoying. The only problem is that you have to resynch it at the start of each period because they manipulate the break on the audio to fit commercials in and mess up the timing.

Edited by vincec