Concern about Dareus

He literally laughed at the workout warrior question, and this is the guy that some want as the #3 pick? I heard that his favorite thing to do is watch cartoons. Again #3 pick? Seriously? Dude can barely speak!

In contrast, here's a video of a Quinn interview. This sounds like a man, not a big kid like Dareus...

youtube.com/watch?v=J7r_McC_gHo

I think the Bills will be smart and pick a mature person like Quinn, Miller, Peterson or Green. Dareus strikes me as the defensive version of Mike Williams.

Did he Say Don Beebe?

Wow, did not know about the "House of Speed."

http://www.houseofspeed.com/

"Bombi Miles" moment?

Edited by Why So Serious?

I second that .

I third that! lol....yeah, I'm thinking that Dareus is a much safer pick than Fairley! I do think that Fairly has a tad more Superstar potential, but I think he has more bust potential than anyone else in the top 10 picks except for maybe Cam Newton. I know the NFL is a big step up from College ball, but when Dareus faced tough competition he was not pushed around at all. I don't put too much stock in the combine workouts, I think the interviews can be more useful if approached in the right manner by a NFL Team.

I third that! lol....yeah, I'm thinking that Dareus is a much safer pick than Fairley! I do think that Fairly has a tad more Superstar potential, but I think he has more bust potential than anyone else in the top 10 picks except for maybe Cam Newton. I know the NFL is a big step up from College ball, but when Dareus faced tough competition he was not pushed around at all. I don't put too much stock in the combine workouts, I think the interviews can be more useful if approached in the right manner by a NFL Team.

Don't get too attached, the Bills are going to draft somebody at #3 who can formulate a sentence coherently.

He literally laughed at the workout warrior question, and this is the guy that some want as the #3 pick? I heard that his favorite thing to do is watch cartoons. Again #3 pick? Seriously? Dude can barely speak!

In contrast, here's a video of a Quinn interview. This sounds like a man, not a big kid like Dareus...

youtube.com/watch?v=J7r_McC_gHo

I think the Bills will be smart and pick a mature person like Quinn, Miller, Peterson or Green. Dareus strikes me as the defensive version of Mike Williams.

I like Quinn a lot personally. It's hard because I didn't see a ton of his games and was looking forward to targetting some this year. I think he's got a good head, great size, understands leverage and if the strength/speed check out I think it's a huge positive. I wouldn't doubt nix has been on the phone with Beebe to glean some extra insight.

One thing in defense of dareus is I posted student interviews that were very old and you posted combine interviews. I dont doubt that Quinn is better spoken/smarter but I'm sure the combine prep and taking the interview serious didn't hurt. Dareus I think is a guy thy like I said - likely not the first into the weight room by himself but I'd be surprised if he wasn't a beast in there with someone pushing him. I also think he's a real strong kid when you watch the tape. Generally I think he enjoys football too, which helps.

Quinn is one of few that I could put above dareus if everything plays out. He could be a freak of nature on the outside. The hybrid defense needs that Terrell Suggs type player to be effective and I think Quinn has potential to be a bigger faster stronger and smarter version potentially. Get some guys ala ray Lewis that can light a fire in him and watch out--- We could get some swagger on that side of the ball with him and merriman. A 1-2 of Quinn and Taylor in the draft with 3 being an ilb and this defense could be fixed.

Edited by NoSaint

the only concern i have of Dareus is will he still be there when we pick.

actual NFL scout has Dareus going #1:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81ec96b7/article/elite-defensive-players-go-early-in-scouts-mock-draft?module=HP_cp2

Mike Mayock has Dareus the #1 overall best available player:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81eb70a5/article/defensive-players-lead-the-way-on-list-of-top-32-prospects

Two more people that have Derick Sherrod primed for the #34 pick.

Don't over think things. Nix is looking for guys who can play. The intelligence they need is on the field. Dareus might just be

the pick. But I tend to think Miller, Peterson or Newton will be the guy because they have more elite potential. Dareus is the

"safer" pick. At #3 I want potential greatness.

You nailed it right on the button and I hope the Bills are thinking just like you.