MMQTE Peter King Article on Bills

cale

San Diego is the sexy pick to make it to Jacksonville?  Who has he been listening to?  I haven't heard a single person say that.  If anything, they'll be the sexy upset pick to lose at home in the 1st round. 

Nice article though

160156[/snapback]

Can't see a fair-weather team coming in to NE or Pit and beating them

in their backyard. If the game was held in SD, then they have a chance.

I sent an email to some of my buddies about how Brian Murphy "adopted" the Bills yesterday in his "Hangover" column on ESPN.com's Page 2, and then today Peter King sings our boys praises on CNNSI.com. I was worried that all of this attention meant this was a peak for the Bills.

Here's one response:

{names changes to protect me}

I have to say this...

After a 0-4 start, my outlook for the Bills playing a game on December 18 that would be relevant was nil. The fact that they have gone on such a run makes this the most exciting season in some time. As I said in previous emails, I would attend the Pittsburgh game only if the Bills are going to make the playoffs. Up until three weekends ago, I was skeptical.

Try to score more than 18 points on this D. With McGahee running like OJ from a crime scene, and Bledsoe playing like Jim Plunkett--- we are just coming together. I am not just basing this on this past weekends tuning of the hapless Browns (is Carmella still with Garcia or did he go f#g again?). I am basing this on a super coaching job done by Mularkey. Every week, they get better. How does that happen? Coaching, creative play calling, using the right players at the right time, SPECIAL TEAMS and shutting the oppenent down.

What I have witnessed is a resurgence of the early '90's attitude in WNY. Not only do we think that we have a shot at the playoffs (although statistically it will be difficult), we BELIEVE that if we did get into the playoffs-- we would be a contender. The only thing detrimental to this happening would be the fact there would be a snowballs chance in hot sauce that we would play even one home playoff game. Because nothing spells disaster for other teams like Ralph Wilson Stadium in January.

So Hops, I feel that the rays of sunny Florida have skewed your faith and resolve as a native Western New Yorker. You gotta BELIEVE!!! I fully expect that if the Steeler game on January 2 has playoff implications for the Bills, that you pack your gloves, pull on your UnderArmour, strap a 12er to your side, hop on a plane and get your a$$ to Buffalo. And if you do, I promise to be there by your side, holding your head up out of the pool of vomit that so frequently meant we had a good pregame bash....and feast on Benburgers and ride the Bus home afterward.

The vomit reference is a long story, but I'm sure most of you can imagine. He later went on to question if there was a new girlfriend was making me soft or if it was simply the South FL weather. I might just have to go up there and hold his face in the snow.

Here's another response (keep in mind we're mostly stock market guys):

Always differentiate between an emerging star, and a long-loved powerhouse that never disappoints(AKA New England). You might get steamrolled if you sell the Bills short this soon...give it a couple years. "A bull market weathers a series of tests until it is considered invulnerable, at which time it is ripe for a bust." Way too early, my friend...not to say they'll win every week, but they are a team on the rise after years of disappointments.

Yup, these are my friends.

San Diego is the sexy pick to make it to Jacksonville?  Who has he been listening to?  I haven't heard a single person say that.  If anything, they'll be the sexy upset pick to lose at home in the 1st round. 

Nice article though

160156[/snapback]

Maybe he met a sexy woman in San Diego? :P

Wow...I think Petey is in love with us.  Of course, should we lose to Cincinnati, he'll dump us like a two-bit ho.

160164[/snapback]

If we lose this game, half the people on THIS board will dump us like a two-bit ho. :P