Classifieds- housing/apts.

Wooderson

I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any other good places/sites to go to look for renting apartments/houses. I know Craigslist is a great place to look and I've been on there constantly as of late, but I was wondering if there are any other good places that I didn't know about.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Careful with craigslist apts. Ton of spammers on there or people who live out of the country but will send you the keys to the apartment after you mail them the first months rent. I've had decent luck with apartments.com, rent.com, and trulia

Coldwell Banker and other Real Estate Company's.

Also Residential Management companies.

Thats how I found my place.

IMO, this is very good advice. When I was looking for my first apartment back in 1991, my mom (who was in real estate) suggested I contact a real estate agency. I didn't really think it made a lot of sense, but it was extremely helpful.

Having both owned my own home and been a renter, I'm one of these weirdos who tend to prefer apartment life. It would be different if I had a family, but when I was growing up apartments used to be sort of a place where people stayed until they could get a real house like the rest of us. But today you have a lot of very affordable apartments and complexes that are extremely comfortable that are very enjoyable places to live.

I moved into my current place last August. It has two master bedrooms, 2.5 bath, nice sized living area and a dining area that I actually converted into an office/secondary living room for my fther when he lost his job. We've got a nice pool, exercise room, hot tub, car washing port, security gate, etc. It's relatively quiet, the maintenance staff is responsive, and it's very safe. On top of that, I'm about half a mile from the offices and training camp for the Atlanta Falcons, so I can head over there to watch practice in the summer whenever I want. I actually enjoy paying rent here lol.

But anyway, yeah, take Erynthered's advice...good luck!

IMO, this is very good advice. When I was looking for my first apartment back in 1991, my mom (who was in real estate) suggested I contact a real estate agency. I didn't really think it made a lot of sense, but it was extremely helpful.

Having both owned my own home and been a renter, I'm one of these weirdos who tend to prefer apartment life. It would be different if I had a family, but when I was growing up apartments used to be sort of a place where people stayed until they could get a real house like the rest of us. But today you have a lot of very affordable apartments and complexes that are extremely comfortable that are very enjoyable places to live.

I moved into my current place last August. It has two master bedrooms, 2.5 bath, nice sized living area and a dining area that I actually converted into an office/secondary living room for my fther when he lost his job. We've got a nice pool, exercise room, hot tub, car washing port, security gate, etc. It's relatively quiet, the maintenance staff is responsive, and it's very safe. On top of that, I'm about half a mile from the offices and training camp for the Atlanta Falcons, so I can head over there to watch practice in the summer whenever I want. I actually enjoy paying rent here lol.

But anyway, yeah, take Erynthered's advice...good luck!

I do miss my apt days. Never have to worry about the roof,furnace,water heater,etc etc. Just pay the rent

You know how I found an apartment one time?... Years ago when I first moved to the Chicago area... I was driving all around and I began to get frustrated... It was warm and the window was down... I started mumbling something when I got lost... Another car at a light heard me and asked what was wrong... I told them and they gave me a great list of different places... Some complexes and some private places to try! They must have seen my Iowa plates (moved from Iowa).

Eat that Craigslist!

:lol: :lol:

I find a lot of good stuff on grocery store bulletin boards.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I am with you! Who needs all this tech-smech stuff!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I'll hopefully be checking out a couple places over the weekend, I just have the find the right price. These student loans are already breaking my back and I'm only 5 months into paying them! :wallbash: Anybody know of anywhere to get a teaching job? :P