IF 49ers send picks 7, 45, 107 to Buffalo for pick 3; SF targeting CB

Astrobot

DraftTek is going to use their Draft Lab to simulate a trade each week. One of the two scenarios involves the 49ers sending picks 7, 45, and 107 to Buffalo for pick 3. San Fran is targeting CB Peterson/Amukamara. Over forty percent of the votes in our discussion went to this scenario (the other one with just under 40% was Cardinals sending picks 5 & 69 to the Eagles for QB Kolb).

Would you pull the trigger on the Bills-SF trade?

YESSIR! quick-fast and in mofo'in hurry.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DraftTek is going to use their Draft Lab to simulate a trade each week. One of the two scenarios involves the 49ers sending picks 7, 45, and 107 to Buffalo for pick 3. San Fran is targeting CB Peterson/Amukamara. Over forty percent of the votes in our discussion went to this scenario (the other one with just under 40% was Cardinals sending picks 5 & 69 to the Eagles for QB Kolb).

Definetly, if Fairley and Green are gone...

Wow. That'd be just like the Bills. Make a great trade and then ruin it with those two selections in the 2nd round. Those are terrible. If we had 2 2nd rounders like that and picked Dareus in the first, they'd better be for ILB and DT. QB and TE? Really?

People are likening Devlin to Flacco

Carolina should be interested in Kolb! No inside info on whether they're exploring that option. That'd work for both teams.

Here is a sim of the Bills-SF trade scenario (this could also be for Gabbert, not just CB):

Bills acquire DT in Free Agency.

1 7 Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

2 34 Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

2 45 Pat Devlin QB Delaware

3 68 Sam Acho OLB34 Texas

4 99 Owen Marecic ILB Stanford

4 107 Chris White ILB Mississippi State

4 121 Marcus Gilbert OT Florida

5 130 James Brewer OT Indiana

6 164 Shane Vereen RBF California

7 195 Jordan Cameron TE USC

There will be good value in the late (RD5-RD7) rounds this year for TE, RB, and CB.

4-3 DT's will come off the board slower than 3-4 DT's.

There will be early runs on DE and the better OT's.

I was right on my predictions last year!

Astro I enjoy your posts. You provide a lot of quality, informative content related to the draft. So please don't take offense to my disagreement with you on this one........... What in the hell do you see in Pat Devlin as a prospect worthy of a high 2nd round pick? He looked atrocious in the East West Shrine game. Little pocket presence, accuracy was all over the place, and most concerning was his weak arm strength. The combination of a weak arm and poor pocket presence and I didn't think he'd fit in with Buffalo's weather or Chan's Gailey's offense. It seemed to me even the evaluators covering the game, came away pretty unimpressed with Devlin.

He looked, in my eyes to be a 4th to 6th round QB prospect. Your thoughts?

During the East West Shrine game, announcers were careful to point out they'd heard compariosns to Flacco. They said the only true comparison between Flacco and Devlin is that they played college ball at the same school. Flacco's accuracy was well beyond Devlin's and his arm strength was night and day when compared to Devlin. Devlin has poor arm strength, by NFL standards, no question.

Edited by Estro

i like flacco more then fitz, and would trade a two for him today. that said, i dont love flacco, and wouldnt risk a pick on a guy that might be like him, and gets the comparison easily by going to the same school

Do you really think its going to take a first and second for a team to pick up Kolb? I highly doubt the Eagles are going to keep both with Vick showing last season that he should be the guy moving forward. I guess if he is under contract he is a commodity and they could have a high asking price. But that would also risk them not being able to get anything if he stays and leaves as a free agent. A 1st and 2nd for a guy who got a second shot due to injury(after losing his job that way) and didn't play at the level that was expected... I wouldn't want it, but I can see it happening and being a mistake.

As for the Niners deal, I don't think it would be a bad idea, but if they did it I think it would be more likely they would then pick a QB at 7.

I would tell them to keep #107 and throw in next year's 1st or 2nd round pick. If this new regime is going to turn this mess around, it isn't going to be a quick fix, why not go for quality.