Could a Lockout be Good for Us Fans??

BuffaloATL

Like every other fan, I want the current issues resolved and for there to be football this coming season. But, it's worth mentioning that given the gap between us and the Jets/Cheatriots, a lockout could bring about the use of scabs (ala the lockout in the 1980's) and the potential for us to immediately close that gap for a short period of time (not saying it would definitely happen because who knows which scab players we would get. But there's a chance).

Imagine our scabs going 4-0 and the others AFC squads not doing as well. The lockout ends and we have a two or three game lead. For the first time in a long while, we'd have an interesting season? I almost want to roll the dice with a lockout and see what happens!

In the long run, yes, we need our current players to get out there, play, and gain experience. Just saying, a lockout could make things interesting.

I sat through 1982 and 1987. I didn't see anything good for me as a fan.

The only way a lockout would benefit the fans is if it resulted in lower ticket prices in an attempt to lure fans who felt alienated back. Unfortunately I don't think this will happen unless there is no football at all next year. Even if there isn't a season, my guess is rather than feeling alienated and threatening to boycott after a year off, the majority of fans will need a fix and will be climbing over the walls to get back in the stadiums when football resumes.

Why do people like you post outright lies & think you can get away with it?

1st of all, there was no strike in "'07", the 2007 team was 7-9 all by themselves.

Giving you all benefit of the doubt, let's assume you typo'd and meant 1987, the year that there was a strike team.

In 1987 the strike team went 1-2, the real team went 6-6 for a final record of 7-8.

Where did you come up with 4-0 when only 3 games were played during the strike and the fake Bills lost 2 of them?

Pretty stupid & not very funny. But if you laughed, maybe you're just stupid enough to enjoy it. Thanks for realizing I'm a genius.

Now that's funny!

Actually I think the OP was referring to the 2008 season where under the leadership of Trent Edwards (comparisons to Joe Montana and Jim Kelly ran amuck) started out 4-0 and got to a high water mark of 5-1 before we lost 8 out of the last 10.

Thanks--'08, my bad.

Like every other fan, I want the current issues resolved and for there to be football this coming season. But, it's worth mentioning that given the gap between us and the Jets/Cheatriots, a lockout could bring about the use of scabs (ala the lockout in the 1980's) and the potential for us to immediately close that gap for a short period of time (not saying it would definitely happen because who knows which scab players we would get. But there's a chance).

Imagine our scabs going 4-0 and the others AFC squads not doing as well. The lockout ends and we have a two or three game lead. For the first time in a long while, we'd have an interesting season? I almost want to roll the dice with a lockout and see what happens!

In the long run, yes, we need our current players to get out there, play, and gain experience. Just saying, a lockout could make things interesting.

Actually there is no possibility this time for scabs to be playing, so you scenario is irrelevant. The reason being is when they used scabs before it was a player strike, this time, if it happens, it is an owner lockout, so scabs cannot be used.

Actually there is no possibility this time for scabs to be playing, so you scenario is irrelevant. The reason being is when they used scabs before it was a player strike, this time, if it happens, it is an owner lockout, so scabs cannot be used.

Stop bringing all your facts and relevant information to the conversation. It's ruining all my fun!!