Super Bowl Attendance Record Bull ****

LabattBlue

League knew they had a (potential) problem in the middle of last week.

People paid much over face value, plus travel etc. for those tickets. $2400 isn't going to cover their losses. Tickets to next year's game may mean little to fans of the Packers or Steelers if their team isn't in the big game.

Do you suppose that the NFL will allow them to resell next year's tickets?

Why would the league care what these fans do with their tickets? They watched the game on a huge TV, like everyone in the stadium-especially those near those crappy seats they overpaid for. They partied for a few days at the SB, as intended. I don't see many "losses" here--unless they were Steelers fans.

Why would the league care what these fans do with their tickets? They watched the game on a huge TV, like everyone in the stadium-especially those near those crappy seats they overpaid for. They partied for a few days at the SB, as intended. I don't see many "losses" here--unless they were Steelers fans.

those that were there beg to differ

The quote from Goodell is that the league would "would invite them as its guests to next year's Super Bowl". You may think that means they'll mail them a ticket, I'm not so sure.

Regardless...these folks were treated to a crappy week at nobody's fault aside from Mother Nature and they were then unable to watch the game. To you that's no big deal, some would argue that point.

those that were there beg to differ

The quote from Goodell is that the league would "would invite them as its guests to next year's Super Bowl". You may think that means they'll mail them a ticket, I'm not so sure.

Regardless...these folks were treated to a crappy week at nobody's fault aside from Mother Nature and they were then unable to watch the game. To you that's no big deal, some would argue that point.

http://deadspin.com/#!5753955/those-fans-without-seats-are-being-whiny-babies

Of the 1200, two-thirds received seat upgrades. But those other 400, who didn't receive seats at all? The initially announced compensation was a three-times-face-value refund.

But, oh wait, it doesn't need to be replaced. Those 400 fans got to watch the game anyway. They were "either were in the field-level club behind the Steelers bench or on standing-room platforms in each corner of Cowboys Stadium." In the former case, that's quite the upgrade from seats above entrance portals in the upper decks. Even in the case of the standers, they got just as good a view, just without the comfort of a seat. Would you take a $1600 profit to stand for 3 hours? I would. But wait, there's more!

What kind of cornpone spends $10,000 for a weekend in Dallas. Their seats should have been next to the gatorade dispenser on the bench for that kind of dough.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I dont think the "reward" is all that great.

The fans very most likely paid more than face value (far more) for any seats at the game.

Also, if its Buffalo in the super bowl and I splurge, take valued time off of work, get hyped for the game, acquire tickets, etc and I they wont let me in due to an error in Jerry Jones' ego and greed.... I would be irate. I dont want to be a "guest of the NFL" for next year's game, say the Ravens and Falcons. Thats even if there is a game. Maybe its not until 2013.

Stepping onto the field is really not appealing to me either.