FA - Donte Or Asomaugha

T master

Donte wants to get paid like a top safety or CB in the league with out top stats & production , Asomaugha is the top in the league & a FA this year .

Would you bring him in the fold & spend elite money for a FA for a year or 2 ??

And

Let Donte go ??

Would you try to keep Donte for what he's worth ??

Or

Look to the draft to get a younger top flight player for less money & more years ???

Last option, but I would take Asomaugna and it would be more than a year or two.

Seems like Whitner will be gone, and Florence and Youboty as well. The Bills will do what they always do: create more holes on a roster already lacking talent. McKelvin has not developed, and the Bills will be left with a weaker secondary after the departure of the three free agents.

There is no way the Bills will sign Asomaugha. I don't see the Bills spending big money on free agents in the near future (and probably longer).

One question I am wondering about is whether the Bills will (or want to) re-sign Poz.

If it was possible, I would sign Mankins and David Harris. This would weaken two of our AFC East rivals. I would then move Wood to center and draft a RT with our second round pick.

I think Donte is as good as gone. Wilson, Byrd, and Scott is a good safety core. I think they need to focus on signing Wilson. He is arguably better than Donte and certaintly more flexible with better ball skills.

It takes 10 mill+ a season to sign Asomugha, I'd pass.

If someone could coach McKelvin up to be a good CB, leaving return duties to CJ or Freddie, and you sign Florence the CBs are set. Then if McGee can get healthy it's only a bonus.

So signing Florence and Wilson would be priorities for me.

Amen...I would only add (take a CB with a 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick) for increased depth in the secondary. Otherwise, the secondary has a good core with or without Donte.

Amen...I would only add (take a CB with a 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick) for increased depth in the secondary. Otherwise, the secondary has a good core with or without Donte.

Kendrick Burney from North Carolina would fit that bill, not the fastest but always making play and picks. It's crazy how much talent is there would draft all our players from there and have a good draft.

I think our safety crew is fine. I don't think we need a huge "elite" safety. I'd rather spend that money on some studs up front. I'd prefer Donte stay, but obviously it needs to be at a realistic price. If he can't, I'm sure we can find another solid guy.