Modrak gets endorsement from RW & Buddy Nix

The Senator

I Agree with you. This is their last chance before losing me as a fan, and they better make some damn good progress. I simply won't stand by and support and inferior product on the field.

Buddy Nix is on the Clock and he better be making the greatest decisions he's ever made in his short career as GM this March-April.

He's gotta go after and sign the Big Name free Agents, even if that means overpaying them. This team can't simply be built through the draft with all the holes the Bills have. He's gotta get impact players out of the 2011 draft that will come in and start on this team. The 3rd Pick should be on the field come September and be an immediate contributer to the Team.

Failure to do so, or the I'm napping come FA rederick from Nix, and I'm done. I'll come back when we get an owner that wants to win. I'm not sitting here and gonna watch another 4-12 season. Life's too short.

OOOO yes you will.... ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Modrak is no idiot. Possibly a genius. There's a method to Modraks madness and staying employed.

He lives in Florida full time. He knows that if he goes to the office in Orchard Park he runs the risk of running into Ralph or one of his henchmen.

All those other guys Ralph fired? Guess where their desks were? Right there next to the trophy case with all the 2nd place hardware.

Easy pickin's for Ralph. He probably doesn't even know who he's firing half the time. It's just some poor bastard who wanted a window office. Ralph probably thinks he's firing Lou Saban. Mike Mularkey quit 'cause he was sick of Ralph callng him "Kay".

Modrak figures it this way: outta sight, outta mind. Even easier when the mind is one in which information is more likely to go missing - like outta the noggen of some 100 year insurance salesman.

The combination of living out of state and having caller ID has kept Modrak getting paychecks with a Bills logo for 10 years.

This is like something George Costanza would have cooked up.

Too funny.

Ralph even called him a "hard worker".

Modrak could be home all day reading the same College Football Magazines that we can get at the local drug store.

I think he creates a draft board, listing who the best pro prospects at each position. I do not think he creates a list of who the Bills should pick in each round. I think that is up to the GM and coaching staff, to determine who is the best player for the system they run. Based on the scouting, he creates a board that list, these are the six best tackles, or RBs ETC. I think the failure, is the number of coaching staffs, that the Bills have had over the last 10 years. Each coaching staff, seems to have different systems and requirements. To me, that is where the failure is.

Edited by dogbyte

This thread is ridiculous.

Of course Modrak is awful. Even if he didn't have the final say, he was still a part of bust after bust after bust.

Has anyone here ever been in a situation at work where their company was making a terrible business decision? If you push hard and make a clear case, you can often impact that decision. I'm not talking about a janitor at McDonald's advising against bringing back the McRib, I'm talking about somebody relatively high on the food chain. Perhaps Modrak didn't have final say on anything, but that doesn't mean he didn't play a large part in the process.

How about a little personal accountability instead of an endless parade of excuses?

Has anyone here ever been in a situation at work where their company was making a terrible business decision? If you push hard and make a clear case, you can often impact that decision. I'm not talking about a janitor at McDonald's advising against bringing back the McRib, I'm talking about somebody relatively high on the food chain. Perhaps Modrak didn't have final say on anything, but that doesn't mean he didn't play a large part in the process.

How about a little personal accountability instead of an endless parade of excuses?

Great post. This Modrak debate always makes me wonder if people on this board have jobs or have ever worked in a hierarchical organization of any kind.

Not having "final say" is equivalent to having zero responsibility in some people's minds.

Has anyone here ever been in a situation at work where their company was making a terrible business decision? If you push hard and make a clear case, you can often impact that decision.

You've obviously never worked in government.

The last bastion of old timers hanging on like grim death itself in Al Davis and Ralph Wilson....

If the Raiders were to ONLY change the OC to HC that might have worked to improve the team, but this new HC went and fired his QB coach Paul Hackett, and passing game coordinator in Ted Tollner. Two men who were most likely the reason that the Raiders played better on offense last season.

So now they hire Steve Wisniewski and Al Saunders, somehow I don't see them getting any better then 6-0 in the division. But hey! the owner does what he wants and answers to no one, sound familiar?

It should, because the Buffalo Bills are in the same boat, they have an owner who made himself president of the team after he fired Tom Donahoe. The only other president who has been even remotely as bad as Wilson pres was Matt Millen in Detroit. Anyone else here think that if Ralph Wilson wasn't the owner of the team that he would have been fired as president faster then Tom Donahoe was? If only the Buffalo Bills had a president like Ozzie Newsome of the Ravens-or even an exec VP like Mike Tannenbaum of the Jets-

You guys can blame Modrak and Jauron, even blame Marv Levy if ya like... the bottom line is that the only one to blame is the guy running the show, the buck stops with owner / president Ralph Wilson!

This thread is ridiculous.

Of course Modrak is awful. Even if he didn't have the final say, he was still a part of bust after bust after bust.

Good point. Executive management has a lot on its plate and cannot double-check everything that happens in the company. They should know that, should hire the best people below them they can, and be able to rely on the advice of those hires. All other things being equal, why hire people that make your business life harder and diminish your chances for success? Either way you look at it, either Modrak is "successful" at his job because his advice is ignored or Modrak's advice is poor and has contributed heavily to a dismal draft record that has sunk the franchise, it's not good and the results speak for themselves.

How exactly?

The only thing that this article proved is that the Buffalo Bills are a Mickey Mouse operation.

You didn't need any thread on any type of website to prove that. That is more than common knowledge, that this organization is the biggest joke in the NFL, and doesn't look like it will change anytime soon.