D - Cisions - D - Cisions

T master

Now that Gailey has hired a D coach that was one coach that shut down the Bills high powered offense in the 90's & did it while in the Superbowl , who should be the mentor & who should be the student ?? :blink:

With Wannstedt being able to focus on D only & the poor showing of the Bills D last year do you think Edwards will be given one more chance or will Wannstedt be made the D coordinator before the start of next season ?

Or should i put it this way ?? If you were Coach Gailey what would you do ? If you had the 2 guys in front of you & had to make the D-Cision weather to give Edwards one more season to prove himself - or put a Superbowl winning D coach in his place to restore the Bills to a viable NFL defense what would be your D-Cision ??

And add this one to the D-scussion do you think Edwards is sweating a bit since the hire ?? Let the opinions begin !!!!!

Edwards will be the DC with Wannstedt up in the booth calling out what he sees. He'll help Edwards with the game plan and developing different packages. We will run a hybrid defense as we continue our transition to the 3-4.

If the defense continues it's terrible ways, then it will be interesting to see what happens.

I think Dave Wannstedt was one lucky man. He had a team that was loaded with high draft picks, many of which came through a trade that shouldn't have been approved by the NFL. I wonder if Edwards might have had the same kind of success with those Cowboys (I wonder if I might have had the same success with those Cowboys)? I have no great feeling for Edwards, but last season was year one of a complete overhaul of not only the defense, but the most of the organization, and I think anyone in his shoes deserves more time (and at least another draft) before we can make a fair assessment.

If you were going to make a change at DCord, you would have. You dont bring a guy in as one thing and then change him to another before a single game has been played. Wannstedt definetly gives another strong defensive mind to the staff. I like his knowledge and hope he can work well with Edwards. Sometimes it does not have to be 'all or nothing'.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975