Texas court throws out Mike Leach breach claim

papazoid

"The appeals court ruling allows Leach to try to show Texas Tech's reasons for firing him were wrong, but without monetary relief.

The appeals court also reinstated one of Leach's claims. The two sides will return to court to determine whether Texas Tech's allegations were "proper" against Leach in the Adam James situation, Dobrowski said."

So Leach lost but the judge was willing to let him try and prove there was some kind of impropriety anyways. I guess the judge figures if Leach is too ignorant to see the error of his own ways let him keep spending money till he does. Good luck nailing down that subjective "proper". Sadly, he won't even be able to do that. Should have settled when Dicky Griggs offered. I wonder if Texas Tech still has to pay him his $1.2 mill buyout?

The best thing that can happen to Leach is for all his lawsuits to be resolved one way or another (mostly dropped) and then be in position as a candidate for a job without any lingering encumberances. There were previous stories that there could be some settlement with the University of Texas that would end the conflict with Leach. So the matter with TT might not be over yet.

It is my view that Mike Leach's inability to yield on some of the contentious issues at TT inflamed the situation and let things spin out of control. What sabotaged Leach more than anything else was his gargantuan ego.

Mike Leach is a good HC with a very creative offensive mind. He had one of the highest graduation rates at his former school. However, when a former HC sues a former boss the next prospective boss understandably gets very hesitant when considering to hire him. Being a controversial figure might not be such an appealing trait for a conservative AD who doesn't look forward to dealing with more headaches than he needs to.