Nice article on Moats

yungmack

Seems to be a high character individual....someone (if he keeps improving and developing on the field) we can build a team around.

EDIT: Hopefully he won't pull a Brad Butler on us!!! :pirate:

Edited by BillsRUs

I am excited by Moats - I like the way he plays, and he looks a lot bigger out there than he is. I've been wondering about this, if Merriman does get well and regains form, who would be our two starting OLB's? It seems like we'd want them to be Merriman and Moats. That leaves out Kelsay. And, with all of us (myself included - I know it is because we don't trust Merriman to come back to his golden years productivity) clamoring for a high round OLB - are we even going to see Moats on the field much this year as is? Because, it seems to me that Kelsay is making too much money to be benched - although I would just get rid of him.

That brings me back to this: if Merriman is healthy, then our OLB spots are not as bad as our ILB spots. Now, Poz is o.k., and I think we should try ot resign him at a reasonable cost - but, doesn't it seem like he'd want more than Kelsay, since he's been a better player? That would mean he'd be making at least 6 million a year. That, to me, seems outrageous.

Something to be hopeful about: Danny Batten was supposed to have a quicker step off the line than even Maybin, I think, and is as highly regarded as Moats, at least coming in last year. So, if he pans out at ILB, that would be a really nice break for us. I love the idea of these LB's coming into a nice, solid group over the next few years - Moats, Batten, Coleman. I hope.

Because, it seems to me that Kelsay is making too much money to be benched - although I would just get rid of him.

Gailey won't care about the money. I think if he's proven anything it's that he bases his decisions on playmaking. No

plays. No play. IF he has a better option.