2nd round and the search for a starting

Dont get me wrong....Carimi is my number one guy. I just dont think we got a prayer....

I am trying to think of guys that would actually be there when we pick in the 2nd round.

See the below quote :thumbsup:

DeMarcus Love, Marcus Cannon, Joseph Barksdale, or Chris Hairston. I think that Cannon would be the excellent "road grader" type of OT if that's what we are looking for. Love is more athletic and a better all-around blocker, could even end up being the LT eventually. Love could also very well slide into the first.

Love, Cannon and Sherrod are guys that have good value 34th pick. I also don’t think Soldier is very good at all, and neither is Coztanza really. Carimi is the cream of this crop and should be gone in the top half of the draft I should think.

I seem to have very different opinions of these tackles than most. I personally don’t think any one of them is a NFL LT. I think Soldier and Coztansa are the clear-cut worst of the group yet they tend to be ranked 1 or 2. I also don’t really like Sherrod and he is another getting a lot of talk as a top T too. Cannon I think if pretty darn good but a lot of people think he has to shift inside to G. One guy I haven’t heard anyone else talk about it James Carpenter from Alabama. I think he would start at RT or G for us next year and may be the best T altogether honestly. I haven’t heard anyone thinking of him as a 3rd rounder so we could even land him in the 4th.

I just hope we have a chance at some quality guys and we actually take some quality guys unlike other years

Judging by the CBS sports list we could land Love in the 2nd and Carpetender in the late 3rd. Those two paired next to each other on the right side would be an extremely promising sight

In our search for a dominating defense we cannot forget that we had a very hard time creating space for the run and revolving door at RT....

I completely agree. A legit RT would make this team better and we could find a long term starter in the second round. I don't necesssarily want someone who "could transition" to LT. I want a 335 lb, nasty, angry ROT who enjoys demolishing LB's while CJ gets to the corner. A man trained to ignore pain, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke.

Is #34 too high for a RT? Was #9 too high for CJ? Is Ed "Too Tall" Jones too tall?

Love, Cannon and Sherrod are guys that have good value 34th pick. I also don’t think Soldier is very good at all, and neither is Coztanza really. Carimi is the cream of this crop and should be gone in the top half of the draft I should think.

I seem to have very different opinions of these tackles than most. I personally don’t think any one of them is a NFL LT. I think Soldier and Coztansa are the clear-cut worst of the group yet they tend to be ranked 1 or 2. I also don’t really like Sherrod and he is another getting a lot of talk as a top T too. Cannon I think if pretty darn good but a lot of people think he has to shift inside to G. One guy I haven’t heard anyone else talk about it James Carpenter from Alabama. I think he would start at RT or G for us next year and may be the best T altogether honestly. I haven’t heard anyone thinking of him as a 3rd rounder so we could even land him in the 4th.

I just hope we have a chance at some quality guys and we actually take some quality guys unlike other years

Judging by the CBS sports list we could land Love in the 2nd and Carpetender in the late 3rd. Those two paired next to each other on the right side would be an extremely promising sight

That's funny...I have been incredibly impressed with Nate Solder. Granted, I have only seen a couple of Colorado games this season, but he seems to have a great combination of size, speed, and athleticism. He looked pretty technically sound as well. Although, I think his skill set will translate best to LT in the NFL. If we are satisfied with Bell at LT, then a guy like Cannon might be a better pick for us.