Interesting thought regarding Harbaugh/Luck

Rayzer32

Not sure if this has been brought up and I didn't see it in the Luck thread, but I didn't read all 11 pages either. What is the possibility that Luck staying at Stanford has something to do with Harbaugh going to SF as head coach? Could this have all been pre-meditated? Maybe SF and Harbaugh are planning to tank next season thus securing the first pick in 2012 so they can take Luck. I find it hard to believe a professional NFL team would purposely lose games, but then again I never thought I would see the day when an NFL team cheats or NBA officials bet on games that they can control the outcome of. Just my Jack Handey thought of the day. :devil:

Not sure if this has been brought up and I didn't see it in the Luck thread, but I didn't read all 11 pages either. What is the possibility that Luck staying at Stanford has something to do with Harbaugh going to SF as head coach? Could this have all been pre-meditated? Maybe SF and Harbaugh are planning to tank next season thus securing the first pick in 2012 so they can take Luck. I find it hard to believe a professional NFL team would purposely lose games, but then again I never thought I would see the day when an NFL team cheats or NBA officials bet on games that they can control the outcome of. Just my Jack Handey thought of the day. :devil:

No team can plan on tanking a season to get the #1 pick because there's always the possibility of a team or 2 being naturally worse than you. If a coach purposly played inferior players on the team from the beginning of the season, the players would revolt.

The more likely scenario-Luck & Harbaugh are nowhere near as close as you give them credit for & Luck is probably glad to be playing his last season without Harbaugh & will be glad to see him on the other side of the field when the Bills play the 49ers in the future. :devil:

Very doubtful IMO, Rayzor.

1) Harbaugh is an ultra-competitive person. He wouldn't tank at a "who can take the biggest poop" contest.

2) The Niners have invested a huge contract in Harbaugh and have a "new" GM. Anything short of a significant "bounce back" season will be viewed as a failure.

3) The Niners are actually a very talented football team. Their core talent (Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Manny Lawson, Takeo Spikes, Ahmad Plummer, Aubrayo Franklin, Justin Smith, Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis, etc) is WELL ABOVE the NFL average.

Because of these three factors, I think it's nearly impossible for them to have fewer wins than they did this year (6). I think they take their quarterback of the future in this draft and win at least 9 games.

Very doubtful IMO, Rayzor.

1) Harbaugh is an ultra-competitive person. He wouldn't tank at a "who can take the biggest poop" contest.

2) The Niners have invested a huge contract in Harbaugh and have a "new" GM. Anything short of a significant "bounce back" season will be viewed as a failure.

3) The Niners are actually a very talented football team. Their core talent (Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Manny Lawson, Takeo Spikes, Ahmad Plummer, Aubrayo Franklin, Justin Smith, Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis, etc) is WELL ABOVE the NFL average.

Because of these three factors, I think it's nearly impossible for them to have fewer wins than they did this year (6). I think they take their quarterback of the future in this draft and win at least 9 games.

Sign orton, mcnabb, etc... Draft that qb and they could win that division for all 5 years of his contract potentially.

Just on the surface, there are a lot of reasons to say no. The first being the potential lockout. Then the fact that they are super talented. Last, wouldn't it be more likely and easier for luck could tank his season to fall to mid 1st round. And no that won't happen.

Wow. The funny thing is I knew what you were thinking when I read the thread. I have thought about the possibility. But like was said, there could naturally be a team who is worse. I guess we could go on and on with this one......

I hear ya. Like this year I thought Buffalo quite possibly was the worst team in the league until Carolina proved me wrong. I know it's not realistic, I just like to think crazy thoughts from time to time. Even if the GM told Harbaugh to tank, I think he would resign first. I love him as a coach.