The Buffalo Bills Is A Business Model - NOT A Football Team!

Maybe because he's smart enough to know that every team that blows the bank to obtain a winner ends up losing. If spending money wildly led to winning, the Redskins would be the winningest franchise over the last decade.

so you think they would have been worse this year by signing peppers or dansby or vick?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you think they would have been worse this year by signing peppers or dansby or vick?

I'm suggesting that if they try to build the team by bringing in every high-priced FA they can, i.e. blowing the bank to build a winner, then they'd meet the same results every other team has found that tried that approach. Football, more than any other sport, is about a collection of players performing together as a team; not a couple of individuals that single-handedly win games.

Pearl you are adept at stating the obvious. Yes it's a business. Let this business strive to win more games and further it's profits by building a winning team, getting in the playoffs and winning Super Bowls and making a legacy.

This is more than a business. This is a team that keeps a loyal community together, whether localy or far and wide. A business might never understand how a team such as this affects it's fans.

Anyway, it's about time for this team to prosper...time for victories to be equivalent to the success of the business model.

Also Pearl, way to always be such a wet towel. I can always count on you for that.

The mistake the lead post makes (and seems to be one made constantly by political pundits) is the claim that ther is one and only one motivation for an action or even a point of view.

Does Mr. Ralph view the Bills as a business?

Yep and it is a clear motivation.

Does Mr, Ralph view the Bills as a sportsmanship enterprise>

Yep and its a clear motivation.

The lead post is totally wrong in claiming that business is the only motivation. Most of us can walk and chew gum at the same time and this is true of the Bills.

From where I sit the team clearly occupies both spaces whether they are being to chintzy as is often the case or choosing to pay more than the market rate for Kelsay. The lead post does not seem connected to reality.

Let this business strive to win more games and further it's profits by building a winning team, getting in the playoffs and winning Super Bowls and making a legacy.

Uh, that would take 1) additional investment and 2) risk. Why would 90 year old Ralph Wilson risk making additional investment when not risking additional investment still produces a significant profit?

Anyway, that's MY theory as to why the Buffalo Bills haven't been in the playoffs for 10 seasons.

And in the world of business the only think that matters is the monetary, financial ($) bottom line.

Buffalo Bills Bottom Line: Team owner Ralph Wilson obviously has NO interest in producing a championship team. His goal is only to make as much money, year-after-year, as possible. He does this by bringing in cheap coaches and cheap players and, every now-and-then, a big name player. The big name player, like Terrell Owens, brings fans back to the stadium buying tickets, and also buying NFL jerseys.

Analysis: Until the Buffalo Bills is owned by a new team owner who WANTS a championship team, the Bills will never be a championship contender. Never!

Suggestion: Until the Buffalo Bills is owned by a new team owner, we're better off finding something better to do with our time. Ex: Here in Syracuse the gradually improving SU Orange football team is getting more of the attention that Buffalo Bills used to get from CNY Bills fans.

Son of a B!tch.. . I think you might be on to the conspiracy. I think the whole NFL might Really just be a huge integrated enterprise comprised of varying financially driven motives. Those guys had the audacity to charge me for tickets once when I want to go just watch a game. The Bills aren't the only ones though. The Redskins to my dismay also appear to have a profit motive as they too charge for tickets. I CANNOT believe you even must pay to watch football games on TV if you are “out of Market”. That Market buzz word sounds business-y too. Do you think they get money out of that too? Bastards.

Good thing those universities don't have any kind of profit motives...

The mistake the lead post makes (and seems to be one made constantly by political pundits) is the claim that ther is one and only one motivation for an action or even a point of view.

Does Mr. Ralph view the Bills as a business?

Yep and it is a clear motivation.

Does Mr, Ralph view the Bills as a sportsmanship enterprise>

Yep and its a clear motivation.

The lead post is totally wrong in claiming that business is the only motivation. Most of us can walk and chew gum at the same time and this is true of the Bills.

From where I sit the team clearly occupies both spaces whether they are being to chintzy as is often the case or choosing to pay more than the market rate for Kelsay. The lead post does not seem connected to reality.

Right - the real problem is the franchise runs at the value end of the product segment. It's the value brand competing against the premuim bands.