John Elway's First Three Head Coach Interviews...

yungmack

The LA Times today reported that the first 3 head coach interviews John Elway has planned are with Mike Mullarkey, Perry Fewell and Eric Studesville. Oh, and Wade Phillips just signed on as D coordinator in Houston. A very Buffalo day over all.

Sounds like a Super Bowl bound coaching staff to me.

They should throw in Gggreggg Williams while they're at it.

Even the Broncos won't talk to DJ though.

I totally forgot Wade was Levy's D-Co after the Super Bowl years.

SF also asked the Giants for permission to interview Fewell, but I think the 49ers have their sights on Harbaugh.

With the current affirmative action rules in place, and Frazier basically in Minn., I suspect Perry is going to be asked to a lot of dances in the coming months.

The LA Times today reported that the first 3 head coach interviews John Elway has planned are with Mike Mullarkey, Perry Fewell and Eric Studesville. Oh, and Wade Phillips just signed on as D coordinator in Houston. A very Buffalo day over all.

What....He did not request permission from the Eagles to interview Jauron?

With the current affirmative action rules in place, and Frazier basically in Minn., I suspect Perry is going to be asked to a lot of dances in the coming months.

True. I hope the guy gets a fair shot, though. Remember, he had already figured out last year that Jackson > Lynch and Fitz > Trent. I often wonder if things may have been better if he had retained the HC job and brought Chan in as his OC.

Yeah he'll be rackin' up the Frequent Flier miles, for sure. Oakland OC Hue Jackson also interviewed for both the Raiders & 49ers HC spots - but the 49ers probably felt they should also fly someone in from afar rather than across the Bay.

Just because these guys can’t win as a HC doesn't mean that they aren't good coordinators.

Mularkey with the Falcons = PLAYOFFS and at 13-3 a good coordinator

Perry Fewell good coordinator the Giants are ranked with the #3 Defense in the NFC 7th in the NFL. yet not great with Buffalo and his Tampa 2 which was better than this years 3-4 defense.

I also think Wade is a good D coordinator.