teams that need a QB

KRT88

looking at this years draft, looks like as many as 8 teams picking in the top 12 could be looking to draft a QB. With 5 guys potentially getting picked in round 1; Luck, Newton, Mallett, Gabbert and Locker, the Bills could be a great position to trade down and get some serious return if things fall correctly.

1. Panthers, 3. Bills, 4. Bengals, 5. Cardinals, 7. 49ers, 8. Titans, 10. Redskins, and 12. Vikings all must address their QB situation and if any one of them falls in love with Locker, mallett, newton, etc, we could demand a 1st next year plus perhaps a 2nd this year, and maybe more.

If I'm the Bills brass I'm trying to move this pick and grab a DL/OT or LB after moving down. If we could get 4/5 picks in the top 100 instead of 3, we could start to plug some hole. Perhaps a team would be willing to trade a player on their roster plus a pick too giving us a veteran to plug in. Any way you look at it the Bills should be trying to parlay this 3rd pick into multple players. Even getting Cincinnati or Arizona to panic could yeild a nice return.

I for one am hope we finally use other teams wants to our advantage. This should have been done last year as other teams wanted Spiller and we could have plugged several holes. However, I'm thinking far to logically here.

IMO - Nobody is trading up to #3 to get a QB unless Luck falls to #3. If he does, and I don't think he will, then the Bills should take him there. None of the other QBs are worth going up to #3 for. I'm not sure any of the other QBs are worth a top 10 pick - they all have worts of one kind or another. The QB I like best after Luck is Blaine Gabbert and unfortunately I don't think he'll fall to round 2 and he is not worth a #3 pick.

IMO - Nobody is trading up to #3 to get a QB unless Luck falls to #3. If he does, and I don't think he will, then the Bills should take him there. None of the other QBs are worth going up to #3 for. I'm not sure any of the other QBs are worth a top 10 pick - they all have worts of one kind or another. The QB I like best after Luck is Blaine Gabbert and unfortunately I don't think he'll fall to round 2 and he is not worth a #3 pick.

But the QB position is one where teams panic and always reach. That's where the # of teams picking vs. the number of QB available comes into play. I think someone will reach for the QB, they always do!

Your are 100% correct...

looking at this years draft, looks like as many as 8 teams picking in the top 12 could be looking to draft a QB. With 5 guys potentially getting picked in round 1; Luck, Newton, Mallett, Gabbert and Locker, the Bills could be a great position to trade down and get some serious return if things fall correctly.

1. Panthers, 3. Bills, 4. Bengals, 5. Cardinals, 7. 49ers, 8. Titans, 10. Redskins, and 12. Vikings all must address their QB situation and if any one of them falls in love with Locker, mallett, newton, etc, we could demand a 1st next year plus perhaps a 2nd this year, and maybe more.

If I'm the Bills brass I'm trying to move this pick and grab a DL/OT or LB after moving down. If we could get 4/5 picks in the top 100 instead of 3, we could start to plug some hole. Perhaps a team would be willing to trade a player on their roster plus a pick too giving us a veteran to plug in. Any way you look at it the Bills should be trying to parlay this 3rd pick into multple players. Even getting Cincinnati or Arizona to panic could yeild a nice return.

I for one am hope we finally use other teams wants to our advantage. This should have been done last year as other teams wanted Spiller and we could have plugged several holes. However, I'm thinking far to logically here.

Why do we need a QB? We have "the bearded one", and the great tandem backups of Brohm and Levi. Oh, by the way, I'm leasing the 101-102nd floor of the New York World Trade Center if you need some property.

Cards and SF are the best candidates but I agree with most that Luck has to be our pick if we get that chance. I do think a team would reach for Newton at 3, I almost expect we might. Really depends on how much Ralphie has a say in it it IMO.

Cards and SF are the best candidates but I agree with most that Luck has to be our pick if we get that chance. I do think a team would reach for Newton at 3, I almost expect we might. Really depends on how much Ralphie has a say in it it IMO.

If you think Ralph has anything less than the final say, you haven't been paying attention.

Even if the Panthers didn't want Luck they would still pick him to then trade his rights. He is easily the most valuable player in the draft and they would be fools not to cash that chip either by selecting him or trading the pick.

It's not that easily done. There aren't teams anxious to give away the farm just to trade with the Bills every year!

Trading out of the top 4-5 spots nowadays is pretty rare, and why would we trade down so someone can draft a quarterback when we desperately need one ourselves?v As the last two games clearly pointed out, we may have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL, just like it appeared we did this time last season.

Edited by billsfreak