2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

Wooderson

Big semi-final match-up for the USA taking on our rivals to the north. Winner advances to the gold medal game(I think), so this is a huge game and hopefully there are plenty of folks packing the arena so we can drown out those damn Canucks.

The game is played on the NHL Network and it is also streaming online here: http://www.tsn.ca/live/wjhc/default.aspx

Enjoy.

U-S-A!!!

Big semi-final match-up for the USA taking on our rivals to the north. Winner advances to the gold medal game(I think), so this is a huge game and hopefully there are plenty of folks packing the arena so we can drown out those damn Canucks.

The game is played on the NHL Network and it is also streaming online here: http://www.tsn.ca/live/wjhc/default.aspx

Enjoy.

U-S-A!!!

Should be a interesting game. Nice article on it here !

GO CANADA!

As a Canadian, I don't like the team's chances. Our goaltending is terribly suspect. I think the Yanks get it done on home ice. Amazing how far USA Hockey has come in the past few years. Still a shame that most of the US doesn't rally behind the sport considering how good they're becoming at it.

As a Canadian, I don't like the team's chances. Our goaltending is terribly suspect. I think the Yanks get it done on home ice. Amazing how far USA Hockey has come in the past few years. Still a shame that most of the US doesn't rally behind the sport considering how good they're becoming at it.

Agree. US Team really has come a long way the last 15 years or so. Watching the game now and you would think the game was being played in Canada. That really sucks for the American team. Holding it in Buffalo was a mistake I suppose. Minnesota, Michigan or N.England somewhere would may have been a better choice

About the goal tending for Canada. I was listening to Bob Mckenzie today on NHL Live and he was saying that Canadian goalie Visiten is one of the best in the Juniors this season. I guess you can't read too much into that weak goal he allowed vs the Swiss. Also it seems like all Canadian teams at any level seem to get better as a tournament progresses.

Enjoy.

U-S-A!!!

A beat-down in Buffalo! :thumbsup:

Canada! Canada!

Hate to say it, but I'm glad Canada won. Only for the fact that it keeps all those Canadians in Buffalo spending mad money! What a huge boost this tournament has to be economically for the City of Buffalo. The juniors really only matter to a hand full of Americans, but it's so much more for Canada, especially with the USA winning last year. It's their national sport, from a USA perspective, it's probably equivalent to baseball. And Canada beating the USA in baseball just shouldn't happen much. They showed some absurd stat during the game comparing the number of hockey arenas in Canada compared to the USA and it was about 20 to 1 if not more. I half watched the game as it was my bowling night, but really could care less about a bunch of 17 & 18 year olds, although it was great to watch a couple of Sabres prospects. I would have been happy if the USA won, mainly because it was Canada and Canada cheered loudly against the USA in the previous games, but it didn't bother me at all that they lost. It's just not that big of a deal I guess, but it was cool that it was held in Buffalo. Also, Canada travels well for this tournament wherever it's played. Would have been more Canadians in the stands in Michigan or Minnesota, it means more to them...

Hate to say it, but I'm glad Canada won. Only for the fact that it keeps all those Canadians in Buffalo spending mad money! What a huge boost this tournament has to be economically for the City of Buffalo. The juniors really only matter to a hand full of Americans, but it's so much more for Canada, especially with the USA winning last year. It's their national sport, from a USA perspective, it's probably equivalent to baseball. And Canada beating the USA in baseball just shouldn't happen much. They showed some absurd stat during the game comparing the number of hockey arenas in Canada compared to the USA and it was about 20 to 1 if not more. I half watched the game as it was my bowling night, but really could care less about a bunch of 17 & 18 year olds, although it was great to watch a couple of Sabres prospects. I would have been happy if the USA won, mainly because it was Canada and Canada cheered loudly against the USA in the previous games, but it didn't bother me at all that they lost. It's just not that big of a deal I guess, but it was cool that it was held in Buffalo. Also, Canada travels well for this tournament wherever it's played. Would have been more Canadians in the stands in Michigan or Minnesota, it means more to them...

Have you seen THIS movie? :nana:

Have you seen THIS movie? :nana:

I'm not taking anything away from the Canadian team, they are very very good 'junior' team. I was really impressed with their D, they have 2 guys back on every opportunity and very rarely give up an odd man rush. It's not sour grapes, it's just the truth, I don't get upset if the US loses in the Little League World Series either. They're kids and it's just not that important to most people in the states...

Edited by ricojes

I'm not taking anything away from the Canadian team, they are very very good 'junior' team. I was really impressed with their D, they have 2 guys back on every opportunity and very rarely give up an odd man rush. It's not sour grapes, it's just the truth, I don't get upset if the US loses in the Little League World Series either. They're kids and it's just not that important to most people in the states...

Boohoo!

Edited by Dante

Agree. US Team really has come a long way the last 15 years or so. Watching the game now and you would think the game was being played in Canada. That really sucks for the American team. Holding it in Buffalo was a mistake I suppose. Minnesota, Michigan or N.England somewhere would may have been a better choice

About the goal tending for Canada. I was listening to Bob Mckenzie today on NHL Live and he was saying that Canadian goalie Visiten is one of the best in the Juniors this season. I guess you can't read too much into that weak goal he allowed vs the Swiss. Also it seems like all Canadian teams at any level seem to get better as a tournament progresses.

Yeah, but what did Doug say, you hoser? :P

I'm not taking anything away from the Canadian team, they are very very good 'junior' team. I was really impressed with their D, they have 2 guys back on every opportunity and very rarely give up an odd man rush. It's not sour grapes, it's just the truth, I don't get upset if the US loses in the Little League World Series either. They're kids and it's just not that important to most people in the states when we lose...

Fixed!

Wow...what a 3rd period for the Russians. 3-0 Canada after 2 periods. 5-3 Russia. They were on a mission. Congrats to them.

I couldn't believe it. I heard that it was 3-0 Canada late in the second period and I was thinking it was over. Got a text later in the night saying they got beat 5-3 and I was in awe.

I couldn't believe it. I heard that it was 3-0 Canada late in the second period and I was thinking it was over. Got a text later in the night saying they got beat 5-3 and I was in awe.

I'm heartbroken when Canada loses. However, I have to give credit to the cossacks for not folding their tent and going home. To bad their pro comrades didn't have the capability in the Olympics. I think the Canadians suffered from domination so early. They lost intensity fairly early in the 2nd period and it left the door open to the Russians.