If Cam Newton is there at 3

Bottom third isn't average. Also, bottom third doesn't win championships. We do want to win a championship right? Or are we just going to be happy again rebuilding back to 7-9? I forget.

You don't get a championship being last in the league stopping the run. You also don't get championships when taking a project for a first round pick. 3000 yards, 23tds and 15ints in 13 games is solid IMO.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince Young

VY is one of my favorite college players of all time and is a big reason why I became a Horns fan. sure is only 6'5'' and 240 but I don’t think that 1 inch and 10 lbs are keeping him from being a superstar QB. Its what I upstairs that matters with QBs and as long as your athletic ability is at a minimum threshold you will succeed. Cam has all the physical ability in the world but he has shown immaturity, lacks starting experience, and no fan has any clue what he has upstairs because we haven’t dissected film of him.

He may be Roethisburger but he may be VY. Judging on their college careers (and not their race) Id say he has more of a chance to be VY.

Just curious, what is Vince Young's record as a starting QB in NFL? And watch the the film, Newton is much more of an accurate passer. He is bigger, stronger, and faster. Also watch an interview with this kid, there is a world of difference between him and VY. The kid was 18 and he took a laptop, give me a break people. God forbid someone do something stupid at 18.

Stony, I can see why there is reason for concerns with Newton, but isn't it the same risk with every college player? A QB being able to read NFL defenses can only be discovered when he actually plays in the NFL, the thing is you have to be able to teach your rookies to do that, and with Chan Gailey has our head coach I would feel pretty comfortable taking a risk with Newton, one can only imagine what Chan the Man can do with a talent like Newton

Newton is somewhat intriguing with Gailey's history of making average mobile qb's successful (K.Stewart and Fielder), but our defense is so poor that we really should not be thinking offense in the first 4 rounds.

I think the big question is whether Carolina takes Mallett after Luck announces he's staying at Stanford for his senior year (it almost makes me hope Luck does enter the draft, just to make sure we get Mallett).

Almost? Why almost? Luck being chosen by Carolina improves the Buffalo Bills by making one more top-3 guy isn't off the board. Unless you are holding out hope of Stanford winning a national championship, I don't see any reason we shouldn't be thrilled when he declares and improves the Bills from choosing from one of the three best non-Luck players to one of the two best non-Luck players.

Just curious, what is Vince Young's record as a starting QB in NFL? And watch the the film, Newton is much more of an accurate passer. He is bigger, stronger, and faster. Also watch an interview with this kid, there is a world of difference between him and VY. The kid was 18 and he took a laptop, give me a break people. God forbid someone do something stupid at 18.

Was his father also 18?