More than 1,000 blackbirds fall dead from sky in AR

Beerball

BTW, for those of you who think cow-tipping is real, it's not. It is a joke that cowfolk play on everyone else. Anyone who says they've done it is lying.

As kids, my neighbors and I used to try to do this. The cows just kind of looked at us like "WTF?" but they were too heavy to push over anyway, cause they usually sleep laying down, or they'd wake up. Now horses...I wonder if this is possible since they sleep standing up?? :unsure:;)

Edited by LanaK6

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to google to find out what steers are. So, how do they make the decision on which ones are lucky enough not to be steered??

Genetics. You breed a certain cow to a certain bull to make the desired bull calf you want, everyone else is chopped meat.

As kids, my neighbors and I used to try to do this. The cows just kind of looked at us like "WTF?" but they were too heavy to push over anyway, cause they usually sleep laying down, or they'd wake up. Now horses...I wonder if this is possible since they sleep standing up?? :unsure:;)

Better eat your Wheaties and have some hired muscle, a horse isn't light and the power it'd take to knock it over before waking it would be incredible.

Link

Tests revealed hemorrhaging "consistent with blunt trauma." The SCWDS report concluded, "In most instances, such traumatic injuries in wild birds are due to flying into stationary objects such as trees, houses, windows, power lines, towers, etc."

A recent count estimated the size of the roost flock near the neighborhood at 1.6 million birds.

Weather radar also reinforces the width and breadth of the event.

Ban fireworks, it is for the birds... :unsure:

200 Cows dead, likely because of BVD

BVD is bad news for farmers and very easily spread. Many farmers vaccinate their cattle, it costs about $.37 per shot (2 shots needed). People are saying this is linked to the birds, I think it's hilarious and just more proof to me that the media has no f'n clue what they're talking about in sensationalizing this stuff.

Think of BVD like chicken pox, but much faster acting. It is on one cow today, could show up at any time with a past exposure, and spreads like wild fire.

Bad yams did in the cows.