Lee Evans

95altima12

I have thought about this ove rthe season. I like our O and don't want to take away from that but does any know how much Lee has really been helping Stevie in coverage? Are they really taking him away with double coverage... I just read the Lee is make 8.4 MILLLION! next year... how much of that do we save by cutting him or trading him? (anyone know the answer to this?)... and do you think we could get anything by trading him? anything at all... I like our young WR and if you look at it's already hard to keep all of them. Also remember we have Easly coming back do we cut him or give him a chance.

I am not saying cut Lee and draft AJ Green... I am saying cut lee and use his money on a DE ot LB in FA... I personaly think we will be fine at WR with Johnson, Nelson Jones, Roosevelt, and Easly.

Thoughts!

Where did you read about the 8.4 million figure? I heard his cap hit was less than HALF of that number because his contract was front loaded.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php'>http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

2. A.J. Green, WR - Lee Evans is due to make $8.4 million next year. He didn't have a good season, so the thrifty Bills could decide to part ways with him. If the Bengals pass on A.J. Green, Buffalo could take the Georgia wideout.

Thats where I found it... I am not savey with the contract stuff though... is there a site that will show cap hits for each player on the bills next year?

Where did you read about the 8.4 million figure? I heard his cap hit was less than HALF of that number because his contract was front loaded.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

2. A.J. Green, WR - Lee Evans is due to make $8.4 million next year. He didn't have a good season, so the thrifty Bills could decide to part ways with him. If the Bengals pass on A.J. Green, Buffalo could take the Georgia wideout.

Thats where I found it... I am not savey with the contract stuff though... is there a site that will show cap hits for each player on the bills next year?

Rotoworld has Evans cap hit at 4.025 mil for 2011 and 2012- salary 3.025 mil + 1mil roster bonus

There we go.

Absolutely NO NEED to get rid of Lee. We had him during his most expensive years, now lets enjoy him while he's actually pretty cheap per WR standards.

Build up our other needs. Real needs like LB, Offensive tackle, DL and so forth..

There we go.

Absolutely NO NEED to get rid of Lee. We had him during his most expensive years, now lets enjoy him while he's actually pretty cheap per WR standards.

Build up our other needs. Real needs like LB, Offensive tackle, DL and so forth..

You're dead nuts on this. With a $4 mil cap hit, what's the point of cutting Lee? He'll rebound and gives us speed. Lee, Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson and with Easley coming back well....why mess with that?

You're dead nuts on this. With a $4 mil cap hit, what's the point of cutting Lee? He'll rebound and gives us speed. Lee, Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson and with Easley coming back well....why mess with that?

Lets wait this out and see what next season brings. I appreciate the OP looking to free up some cash for upgrades! Just not Lee, even though he has not looked as good as we hoped this year. As green lightning says lets not mess with could be a lot of fun next year.

Edited by 3rdand12

For a dynamic game-changer like Lee, you'd think the Bills could poach a pick in the top 100 for him. :ph34r:

Would trading him for a pick that could be translated into a Pat Angerer sort of player to help the defense from being useless against the run, do you pull the trigger?

I think the answer to that question is a resounding....YES!! If another team is willing to part with a top 100 pick for Evans, with the young talent we have at WR, I imagine that Buddy and Chan will be helping him pack his bags.

Take a cue from a more successful franchise (the pats). Get value for players who are on the downside of their career, and stockpile young players with those draft picks. This is the reason that NE has 8 picks in the first four rounds, and also the reason that they will continue to be dominant for the foreseeable future.

Agreed. It's a good idea to have a good stockpile of receivers going into training camp, because (as we have seen in previous years) you KNOW not all of them are going to last the whole season. I would like to see 5 competent receivers on the team , especially since we are a more pass-oriented offense with Fitz.

Now if we could just find a decent tight end . . .

Ordinarily I would be really pissed if we blew a top 5 pick on a WR, and I really do feel we need to go front 7 on D with that pick, but having seen most of AJ Green's games I know this kid is a legit difference maker. He makes amazing catches and he's a clutch performer. He's got a strong work ethic and this GA team would absolutely suck if he had not been here this season. I wouldn't be upset if we traded Lee and picked up AJ.

For a dynamic game-changer like Lee, you'd think the Bills could poach a pick in the top 100 for him. :ph34r:

Would trading him for a pick that could be translated into a Pat Angerer sort of player to help the defense from being useless against the run, do you pull the trigger?

Im not understanding the point of this....

- Brings deep threat speed.....which in turn spreads the field and allows guys like Stevie J. and Nelso to catch balls underneath........it also helps a TE if we ever actually get a decent one

- We get Easley back next year

- His salary hit is more then doable

I like draft picks to....but i dont see a need to take an asset OFF the team to trade for an unknown. We already could have as high as the 2nd pick.....two thirds......two fourths (I think). Looks like Merrimen is coming back....free agency go hard for a quality TE and a veteran utility offensive linemen

1 - Bowers DE

2 - Soldier RT

3 - linebacker

3 - linebacker

4 - linebacker

5 - best player available

6 - best player available

7 - best player available