pick 2-4 or 4-8

superbills315

if we lose we pick between 2-4 if we win we pick 4-8 i would love to beat the jets but it only hurts us, also i think we should start brian brohm to take another good look at him and some of the other young talent on the team this game is going to be like a preseason game the jets will pull there starters by halftime, this is just my opinion what dose everyone else think we should do?

If you want to see specific impact as far as available players goes thats what this string is intended for: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/125143-mock-draft-with-bills-picking-3-9/

Getting Bowers in the 2-4 range is the biggest impact. The rest of the draft works out very similarly in the later rounds whether we pick #2 or #9.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we won.

HOW MANY STUPID THREADS ON THIS TOPIC DO WE NEED??!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

(this is a recording...)it doesn't matter where you pick if you have competent people conducting the draft. it also doesn't matter where you pick if you have incompetents making your picks.

nix took spiller at 9 when we did not need arunning back. what else do you need to know. and you guys are worried aboiut drafting 3rd instead of 6th??

THIS IS A LEAD PIPE CINCH: WHEREVER the bills raft next year, there will be a player drafted 3-6 slots later, at a POSITION OF GREAT NEED FOR THE BILLS, who is going to be a flat-out monster. he will make the guy we draft look like a wasted pick. how many years in a row does this have to happen before we all accept it as a foregone conclusion.

the current axis of incomnpetence (wilson, nix, modrak) could have the 1st 7 picks over all and still !@#$ it up.

First, nice name :)

Secondly, I'd go for 2-4. We would have a better shot at an impact player, plus every subsequent round we draft higher. Also, trading down is easier to do.

I dont agree that trading down is easier to do with a 2-4 vs 5-8. It depends on the rankings, skills and positions of the players available. For example, last year there was Bradford and Suh guaranteed NFL talents that teams would trade up for, but aside from Luck this year, I'm not sure teams will be giving up high picks to move into 2-4.

Last year I remember Kiper saying Tampa was desperately trying to trade out of that 3 spot but didn't get any serious offers.

What usually happens is someone drops to the 5-10 spots (AP, Rothlisberger, etc) that nobody expected to be sitting there and a team will trade into the spot for their guy.

I 'll be glad if we lose to the Jets (AFTER the game is over) now that we can't spoil their playoff hopes, but I'll be rooting for Blue n Red during the game for sure. I think we are a better team.

HOW MANY STUPID THREADS ON THIS TOPIC DO WE NEED??!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

(this is a recording...)it doesn't matter where you pick if you have competent people conducting the draft. it also doesn't matter where you pick if you have incompetents making your picks.

nix took spiller at 9 when we did not need arunning back. what else do you need to know. and you guys are worried aboiut drafting 3rd instead of 6th??

THIS IS A LEAD PIPE CINCH: WHEREVER the bills raft next year, there will be a player drafted 3-6 slots later, at a POSITION OF GREAT NEED FOR THE BILLS, who is going to be a flat-out monster. he will make the guy we draft look like a wasted pick. how many years in a row does this have to happen before we all accept it as a foregone conclusion.

the current axis of incomnpetence (wilson, nix, modrak) could have the 1st 7 picks over all and still !@#$ it up.

You are right, why go on, slashing my wrist now. :oops: I am a Bills fan, the Bills official cutlery is not sharp enough, my Bills razor is too flimsy. I would hang myself if I had enough rope, unfortunately, the front office did not order enough. Epic Fail....

You are right, why go on, slashing my wrist now. :oops: I am a Bills fan, the Bills official cutlery is not sharp enough, my Bills razor is too flimsy. I would hang myself if I had enough rope, unfortunately, the front office did not order enough. Epic Fail....

what did i say that you disagree with?

I strongly disagree with the bolded part of your post. Bill Polian has had top-5 picks on four separate occasions. He used those picks on Bruce Smith, Kerry Collins, Peyton Manning, and Edgerrin James. Over the years, he's also had a lot of picks in the lower third of the first round. Some of those players worked out well, and some were busts. None were nearly as valuable as Smith or Manning, and few worked out as well as James. If you have a good GM like Polian, draft position does matter, for the same reason that a great artist can achieve more with first-rate paint supplies than he can with a box of crayons. But a lousy GM like Matt Millen will likely waste even his top-5 picks, for the same reason that a non-artist can't produce a good painting even with the most expensive art supplies you can find.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

if we lose we pick between 2-4 if we win we pick 4-8 i would love to beat the jets but it only hurts us, also i think we should start brian brohm to take another good look at him and some of the other young talent on the team this game is going to be like a preseason game the jets will pull there starters by halftime, this is just my opinion what dose everyone else think we should do?

I agree, but for the second reason. We need to find out about Brohm. If he can play...then, other than Luck, we should not draft a QB!

I agree, but for the second reason. We need to find out about Brohm. If he can play...then, other than Luck, we should not draft a QB!

I agree as jets already stated that Sanchize will be rested. Lets out Jets the Jets. I'd dumpo this game in a heartbeat. We have nothing to gain by winning other than less of a choice of which impact player we get to draft. Dump the game for the good of the franchise but do it in a non obvious way please. We gain nothing by winning a 5th game at tgis point. Play Maybin and Brohm and anyone else we need a look at.

I agree as jets already stated that Sanchize will be rested. Lets out Jets the Jets. I'd dumpo this game in a heartbeat. We have nothing to gain by winning other than less of a choice of which impact player we get to draft. Dump the game for the good of the franchise but do it in a non obvious way please. We gain nothing by winning a 5th game at tgis point. Play Maybin and Brohm and anyone else we need a look at.

Fitz won YE OLE over for much of this season, but YE would still like to see if Brohm can play. The problem with this game, however, is, if Brohm comes out and plays well, what will we really know about him having played the JV team?

I strongly disagree with the bolded part of your post. Bill Polian has had top-5 picks on four separate occasions. He used those picks on Bruce Smith, Kerry Collins, Peyton Manning, and Edgerrin James. Over the years, he's also had a lot of picks in the lower third of the first round. Some of those players worked out well, and some were busts. None were nearly as valuable as Smith or Manning, and few worked out as well as James. If you have a good GM like Polian, draft position does matter, for the same reason that a great artist can achieve more with first-rate paint supplies than he can with a box of crayons. But a lousy GM like Matt Millen will likely waste even his top-5 picks, for the same reason that a non-artist can't produce a good painting even with the most expensive art supplies you can find.

you talk like those 3 guys are the only reason their teams won. so i'm gonna have to strongly disagree with you too. how does n.e. draft in the 20s every year and destroy us? and before you knee-jerk me with "BRADY!" remember that Matt "who?" Cassell dogged us twice the year he started.

It's a TEAM game, and one future hall-of-famer doesn't win the super bowl by himself.

If we end up with #3, I think we could still potentially swing a trade for #1 overall if we trade our #1, another subsequent pick and an impact player (Lee Evans?). The big question is: Will Carolina take another QB in the first round after taking Jimmy Clausen with their first pick (to clarify - he was a 2nd rounder in 2010 draft).

We try our best to win this Sunday. The winning attitude starts now, this year. And we start Fitz to give us the best chance to win. The culture of winning starts now. Not mamby pambying around worrying about draft position in the first round.

you talk like those 3 guys are the only reason their teams won. so i'm gonna have to strongly disagree with you too. how does n.e. draft in the 20s every year and destroy us? and before you knee-jerk me with "BRADY!" remember that Matt "who?" Cassell dogged us twice the year he started.

It's a TEAM game, and one future hall-of-famer doesn't win the super bowl by himself.

I wasn't trying to claim that a Peyton Manning or a Bruce Smith could win a game by himself. That would obviously be absurd: Bruce Smith usually averaged less than one sack per game, and the greatest quarterback ever can't win games by himself if his receivers constantly drop passes or the OL fails to pass protect.

My point was that Bill Polian can do more with a top-5 pick (Bruce Smith, Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, Kerry Collins) than with a pick lower in the first round. Which is true.

As for the Patriots: it's a myth that they always pick in the 20s every year. They find ways to get earlier picks without losing games. For example, one year the Patriots traded away their first round pick, straight-up, for San Francisco's first round pick in the next draft. The theory was that the 49ers' future first rounder would likely be early in the draft. Another year they had two picks later in the first round; both of which they traded away to get a top-10 pick. Another year they traded Bledsoe away for a first round pick from the Bills. (It turned out to be a pretty good first rounder at that.) They also traded away a defensive lineman to the Raiders for a first rounder, a WR to the Seahawks for a first rounder, and Matt Cassell to the Chiefs for a first or second rounder (I don't remember which). That is why they keep beating us. (Plus Belichick and Brady, of course.) Not to mention the fact that the Bills typically squander their first rounders on RBs and DBs who go first-contract-and-out; whereas the Patriots use their first rounders on bona fide good players.

WE SHOULD LOSE THE NEXT GAME SO WE GET A BETTER DRAFT POSITION. THERE. I SAID IT !!!! :thumbsup: