Buffalo is a ghost town - the worst city ever...

BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from the blog: "HSBC is a nice arena but take one wrong exit from the highway and you find yourself in a very, very, very scary ghetto,"

Yup - you might stumble into a local pub where the staff will force-feed you buffalo wings and your beverage of choice - the horror . . .

:rolleyes:

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Taken from the blog: "HSBC is a nice arena but take one wrong exit from the highway and you find yourself in a very, very, very scary ghetto,"

Yup - you might stumble into a local pub where the staff will force-feed you buffalo wings and your beverage of choice - the horror . . .

:rolleyes:

what exit? what ghetto? miss the 190 and you're in williamsville... miss any of hte 190 exits and you're either at the baseball field or the adams mark hotel... yeah, real ghettoish there. ''

Questioning the profanity filter. I took that road once.... once.

Bullstevestojan you did!

Maybe he is talking about the Perry pjs area??? Anyway... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's it - I actually get off at Hamburg St. and take Perry, so that would pretty much be the ghetto.

Were all the bars on Chippewa closed? What about the Elmwood strip? Allentown?

I was told that some of the bars and restaurants on Chippewa are only open on a Thursday - Saturday schedule. Thursday night, I visited both Chippewa and Elmwood and both were dead. The colleges are on break. New Years Eve, after the US - Swiss hockey game, there was a lot of activity (bands, etc.) over near the Electric Building and Chippewa was also hopping. When I lived in Buffalo, I don't ever remember such a variety of activity going on all at once in downtown. With the hockey tournament, the New Years celebrations near the EB and on Chippewa and the ice rink there was some variety which was different. It wasn't Times Square but it wasn't a ghost town.

A half empty HSBC arena for USA V. Switzerland didn't exactly prove Etem's statement wrong.

And, if it was a full crowd, Etem would have been right because all these losers are at a hockey game instead of ripping up the town?

See the post above yours.

A half empty HSBC arena for USA V. Switzerland didn't exactly prove Etem's statement wrong.

It wasn't half empty but there were plenty of emptys. I don't know for sure but my guess is that many of those seats to the later game belonged to Canadians who were understandably not in a good mood. To go from so high to so low, so quickly, can weigh be a heavy on one's mood. As a Bills and Sabres fan, I know that awful feeling!

If Etem made his way up Main Street, he would have noticed that a lot was going on downtown. Maybe there was enough happening to even keep someone from Medicine Hat entertained!

But as for the hockey fans of Buffalo? Good games at good prices! What's the excuse for not going?

It wasn't half empty but there were plenty of emptys. I don't know for sure but my guess is that many of those seats to the later game belonged to Canadians who were understandably not in a good mood. To go from so high to so low, so quickly, can weigh be a heavy on one's mood. As a Bills and Sabres fan, I know that awful feeling!

If Etem made his way up Main Street, he would have noticed that a lot was going on downtown. Maybe there was enough happening to even keep someone from Medicine Hat entertained!

But as for the hockey fans of Buffalo? Good games at good prices! What's the excuse for not going?

Etem was a ghost last night. Worst hockey player ever!