Upgraded chat room...

SDS

With the "Chat room" direct link option and the link under Fan Zone/Chat room option, one only needs to see what happened just a couple weeks ago.

While there were 15-20 users in the IRC client chat room (Fan Zone), there were -0- in the chat room.

What would it truly take to get the likes of Fez, Orlando Bob, Mike in Roch, BlueFire, etc., to switch. I don't think this was the answer. Now if Fez or someone else was an admin who could bounce obnoxious trolls, etc, then maybe....

It's the lost control that seemed a far bigger issue than so and so left the room.

It's the lost control that seemed a far bigger issue than so and so left the room.

and there is the point of all this. I don't control the IRC chat room. Although a good solution back in the day, it was a ROYAL PIA because you had to log in every 3 weeks in order to keep the registration active. If not, you lost the room. I got tired of idiots taking the room from us - that I decided to bag it. Plus, there is no way to enforce usernames. Anyone could sign in as me or you or anyone else and no one could stop it. No thanks.

With the integrated chat solution, the chatters are registered board members. Logs are kept for 30 days and members are expected to behave according to the terms and conditions of this site.

The IRC chatroom will be going away as soon as I find time to remove the link and the page.

and there is the point of all this. I don't control the IRC chat room. Although a good solution back in the day, it was a ROYAL PIA because you had to log in every 3 weeks in order to keep the registration active. If not, you lost the room. I got tired of idiots taking the room from us - that I decided to bag it. Plus, there is no way to enforce usernames. Anyone could sign in as me or you or anyone else and no one could stop it. No thanks.

With the integrated chat solution, the chatters are registered board members. Logs are kept for 30 days and members are expected to behave according to the terms and conditions of this site.

The IRC chatroom will be going away as soon as I find time to remove the link and the page.

Most of those mentioned, even myself, have the like saved in our browsers and don't actually connect via the TBD/TSW supplied link. Personally, as a non-techie, I kinda like the chat room you've provided, but it does me zero good since the users simply aren't there, or haven't been when I've looked.

Maybe if those like Fez could be convinced, those with far more technical knowledge than I......

Why not solicit input from them? I would support the chat room here if it had users.....

Most of those mentioned, even myself, have the like saved in our browsers and don't actually connect via the TBD/TSW supplied link. Personally, as a non-techie, I kinda like the chat room you've provided, but it does me zero good since the users simply aren't there, or haven't been when I've looked.

Maybe if those like Fez could be convinced, those with far more technical knowledge than I......

Why not solicit input from them? I would support the chat room here if it had users.....

If you're out there Fez, chime in. Controlling of the chat room by having to be a registered user (TSW) seems like a positive step, but what else might be needed to get the TSW Chat Room the room of choice?

Again, why is the chat room better than the shout box?

IDK...once I discovered I could drag the shout box to be bigger...I don't think it is. I actually think it's worse w/ the shout box you can keep an eye on the threads too...