My Offseason Priority

Hire as OL coach someone out of the Cheatriots organization. Week end and week out they seem to be able to open massive holes and provide massive time for Brady, must be some special blocking techniques.

I say our OL coaches are doing a great job. Look at what they have to work with?

I would say the off season priority is defense. Better LB and better DE's.

Hire as OL coach someone out of the Cheatriots organization. Week end and week out they seem to be able to open massive holes and provide massive time for Brady, must be some special blocking techniques.

You have a point here....KC is going great this year...and guess who is running the O and D...none other than Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel...yep,,,old Patriot coaches. (who failed as head coaches, but who cares)

Our off season priority is the same this year as it was last year. We need a QB, LT, G, DE, OLB, ILB, DT.

They all need to be addressed through free agency and the draft. We have to be active in FA because we can't upgrade all needs by the draft alone. If the FO maintains the same attitude as last year we will be lucky to see 6-10 next year.

I am curious to see how aggressive we will be.

You have a point here....KC is going great this year...and guess who is running the O and D...none other than Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel...yep,,,old Patriot coaches. (who failed as head coaches, but who cares)

I have wondered sometimes if Chan is spreading himself too thin essentially being both head coach and OC and it's not leaving him enough time to pay attention on D and ST.

I think he needs a better DC, but possibly a more experienced OC (if he can find one he will be on the same page with) would help more than one thinks.

Our off season priority is the same this year as it was last year. We need a QB, LT, G, DE, OLB, ILB, DT.

I'm really curious here, how do you figure this?

We have an NT who is widely regarded as pro-bowl worthy.

We have a QB who had a bad day today, overall a good season esp. behind patchwork line and changeable WR corps.

We have an apparent gaping hole at RT and invisible TE

Where does the above "offseason priority list" come from?

I have wondered sometimes if Chan is spreading himself too thin essentially being both head coach and OC and it's not leaving him enough time to pay attention on D and ST.

I think he needs a better DC, but possibly a more experienced OC (if he can find one he will be on the same page with) would help more than one thinks.

I'm really curious here, how do you figure this?

We have an NT who is widely regarded as pro-bowl worthy.

We have a QB who had a bad day today, overall a good season esp. behind patchwork line and changeable WR corps.

We have an apparent gaping hole at RT and invisible TE

Where does the above "offseason priority list" come from?

The above offseason list simply comes from watching the games and not settling for mediocrity.

Kyle Williams has been good this year but not a dominant 3-4 NT. Where is the rotation or who effectively plays beside him when we go 4-3?

Fitz is a solid backup not a franchise QB but a tremendous step up from Trent Edwards.

Move our LT to RT and get a stud LT maybe we will be able to consistanly run to the outside.

When is the last time you have seen us run up the middle against a good team? Lets get a nasty guard and move Woods to Center.

The need for LB's is obvious. Keep in mind the goal is to win a championship, not to be 8-8.

The RT is supposed to be the dominant run blocking tackle and the LT is the pass blocking OT, so moving Bell to RT defeats the purpose. Draft a good RT that is a run blocker first and serviceable pass blocker and we will be fine. Then Bell can get help from a TE on run plays to his side if you want to power run on the left.

The above offseason list simply comes from watching the games and not settling for mediocrity.

Kyle Williams has been good this year but not a dominant 3-4 NT.

I watch the same games, I don't see the same list. Williams is fantastic. Draft around him.

If anyone shot me a good answer on why it's a smart notion to take a ball-busting NT/DT and move him to end, which some have suggested, I missed it.

Troup seems to be developing. Give him a chance.

Fitz is a solid backup not a franchise QB but a tremendous step up from Trent Edwards.

Everyone keeps saying that. He sucked today.

Previously, I was gonna have a bumper sticker made that said something like "my solid backup can beat up your franchise QB"

The whole team sucked today.

Move our LT to RT and get a stud LT maybe we will be able to consistanly run to the outside.

When is the last time you have seen us run up the middle against a good team? Lets get a nasty guard and move Woods to Center.

When a player is developing well at one position (LT: pass protection) why do folks think it's a smart notion to move him to another important position where he might or might not be able to play as well (RT: run blocking)?

Want a dominant RT, draft one or sign one from free agency. Think Bell doesn't have what it takes to start at LT, draft or sign a dominant LT.

My opinion: a major stepping-stone in the Bills path to mediocrity has been the notion that good players can be snapped into different positions like Legos.

The need for LB's is obvious. Keep in mind the goal is to win a championship, not to be 8-8.

On this, I agree completely. In fact, I'd put it as need #1 &2, way ahead of QB, LT, G, or DT.

Need #3 to me is DE, followed very closely by RT (not on your list, and I question the notion that Bell would be quality RT).

Need #5 to me is a quality TE - not on your list

Do we need an upgrade at QB, maybe, but from the games I watch, we stand in far sorer need of quality DL.

The playoffs run through New England and will for the foreseeable future. Not only do they have great players today, but Belichik, in trading various players has stockpiled numerous high level draft choices. Its like trying to win a marathon when the lead runner was given a 5 mile head start. I believe our coaches and management were trying to stockpile draft choices as well. Unfortunately we did not have anyone to trade worth a bean. Marshawn just got us a 4th from Seattle.

We do need to build from the draft. We can not afford any picks that do not immediately produce. Look at Hardy, et all. Even Spiller has been a disappointment. I will cut him a break because it is his first year and our offensive line is less than stellar, but seriously, based upon the hype didn't you expect more?

We need to seriously look at free agents next year to be competitive. None that require a trade. We need to draft way smarter than we have been and honestly I don't know if we can do that. Those two things will only get us respectable next year. If every thing goes well two years in a row we might be in place to get to the playoffs in by 2012 if we are extremely lucky and we win a wild card berth. The Jets and Dolphins will not be twiddling their thumbs during that time either so I think 2012 is probably wishful thinking.

The playoffs run through New England and will for the foreseeable future. Not only do they have great players today, but Belichik, in trading various players has stockpiled numerous high level draft choices. Its like trying to win a marathon when the lead runner was given a 5 mile head start. I believe our coaches and management were trying to stockpile draft choices as well. Unfortunately we did not have anyone to trade worth a bean. Marshawn just got us a 4th from Seattle.

We do need to build from the draft. We can not afford any picks that do not immediately produce. Look at Hardy, et all. Even Spiller has been a disappointment. I will cut him a break because it is his first year and our offensive line is less than stellar, but seriously, based upon the hype didn't you expect more?

We need to seriously look at free agents next year to be competitive. None that require a trade. We need to draft way smarter than we have been and honestly I don't know if we can do that. Those two things will only get us respectable next year. If every thing goes well two years in a row we might be in place to get to the playoffs in by 2012 if we are extremely lucky and we win a wild card berth. The Jets and Dolphins will not be twiddling their thumbs during that time either so I think 2012 is probably wishful thinking.

Love this post especially the first paragraph. Pretty much sums up how I feel about the teams playoff chances.

Good post I hope we DON'T just "build through the draft" we could take advantage of a good FA year and pick up some solid players, 5-6 starters sounds about right to me and no middlings. Stars and solid starters, 2 TEs maybe 2 LBS (although FA is a bit weak at that position), OL anything but center, DB any position. All the rest of our needs in the draft and WE can also trade some of the underperformers.

We really need a good draft! FA could possibly help us too if we grab the right ones! Stars and solid starters, I agree. Another thing of importance is weight room training to get stronger. Besides not being able to shed blocks, the ol and dl lose at the point of attack. Well except for KW! They have to get a lot stronger. How do you let Danny Woodhead and Ellis run all over you? I just don't get it sometimes! Are thet two elite rbs in the nfl??